Never Alone When you're Here

The next time they woke up it was considerably later in the day. If Brett had to take a guess, it was probably around midday. He opened his eyes and saw the sleeping face of his most favorite person. He smiled and just softly watched Eddy sleep. While he wanted to kiss Eddy, he promised him not to violate him in his sleep anymore. Sad days for a needy faun. Eddy had his mouth hanging open as he slept, he was drooling ever so slightly. He was a sleepy mess, but still somehow cute. Brett took the end of his scarf and gently wiped away the drool. They did more than their fair share of intimate things and something like drool wouldn't diminish the beauty that was Eddy. Then he settled back and watched the deer a bit more. He would wash the scarf later.

Eddy's legs twitched a bit - much like a dogs - he was dreaming about something. He gave no sign of what he was dreaming about but he was most definitely dreaming.

Brett carefully made some space for Eddy even though it was hard since he had no desire to get kicked. The faun was not really familiar with dogs but he knew hooves hurt like a bitch when colliding with his body. Eddy's den was really small and didn't leave him a lot of room to back away but he tried his best to still hug Eddy.

Eddy only twitched, luckily not kicking his legs. That would definitely be a bad thing if he was flailing in the den. He did start to stir awake though. That calmed Eddy down as well. He gently stroked over the cheek and whispered sweet nothings into Eddy's ear, low enough to not wake him up but to maybe calm him down.

Eddy made a little noise when hearing Brett's low voice, it was soothing to the deerling. The sound assured him that he was safe and not alone. This put him at peace. And that was exactly what Brett wanted. As the deer calmed down, he came closer to leech of the beautiful warmth. This was what he was living for. Finally he didn't have to freeze anymore!

Brett rubbed their noses together and settled his head back on the moss. He closed his eyes and sighed. Maybe he should get out and reheat the soup? But if he did that and Eddy woke up, all alone, that would not be nice. Not when the deer came back early to eat breakfast and spend more time with Brett. So he simply waited.

The deer would most likely wake up soon, unless he really didn't sleep with the herd. Then that would be an entirely different story. Eddy, however, did look like he was lightly sleeping and would wake up. Which he did, slowly but surely. Brett definitely used the time to just be happy to have the deer back. The night was not so fun and the nap definitely helped him with that.

So as to not to stare at Eddy the whole time and to wake him up like that, Brett closed his eyes and simply enjoyed the darkness around them and the warmth. It was like a never ending hug. Eddy's eyes fluttered open, they landed on Brett, the fuzzy little thing. He smiled lazily as he looked at Brett, thinking he looked so cute, "Hey."
He said softly with a lazy grin on his face.

At the sweet sound of Eddy's voice, Brett's eyes snapped open and he greeted the deerling with a bright smile, "Hey. I love you."

And yes, it was cheesy but the truth as always. Brett leaned forward and rubbed their noses together like he did when they were asleep.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I did, did you?" Eddy asked softly with a little yawn. He bumped their foreheads together, feeling at peace with Brett. This felt so right and made him so happy.

"I did too, thank you for asking." Brett now used the time to kiss Eddy on his lips. Maybe he should ask Eddy if he could kiss him in his sleep as well? They did far more intimate stuff now so maybe it was fine? He wanted to kiss the deerling on every inch of his body, cherishing it.

"Always my pleasure, I want to make sure you're comfortable and happy," Eddy waggled his tail. He wanted to make sure that his faun would be okay. Brett sleeping well was one of the small steps in his health.