Unresolved Pressure

The dawn broke and with it Brett opened his eyes. It was a horror night. He barely slept, only dozed a couple of times so he was beat. No wonder. Now he had to wait for Eddy to wake up.

On the clock Eddy woke up, because he wanted an early start. That way they could work in the garden after their bath and not be too late. He yawned and stretched, "Good morning Brett. Are you feeling better today? I know I am."

He murmured sleepily. Brett rubbed his cheek over the back and thought about his plans for the rest of the day. He could do that.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

This time he got up and crawled outside first. The faun wanted to stretch himself and no longer watch the arrow that was shimmering so alluring in the darkness of the den. He took a few steps to his own den and sighed. Eddy did such a good job of braiding the entrance; it looked so cute. Sadly he would never use it. What a waste of talent and time.

He bent down and stretched his back, feeling the bones popping and cracking. Hopefully he would find Ray at lunch. If not, he could always ask Belle where he was.

Eddy guessed that Brett was in fact not okay, given the atypical reaction. This worried him but hopefully at the hot springs he would be able to cheer Brett up. He wasn't sure how but he would do his absolute best. With that in mind he crawled out of his den to stretch as well. Afterwards they would make their journey to the mountain region.

The faun was at Eddy's side - because where else would he be - and played with his scarf. It was still dark-ish so he knew they had a lot of time ahead of them. Why was Eddy awake so early? He had no clue, maybe the deer had a certain plan in mind, but Brett wouldn't object to that. It fit right into his own plans. Cleaning, being useful and then going find Ray. That way he left the world leaving no work behind. Except the den, but he couldn't do anything about it anymore. Oh well. He bent his neck to crack his bones there and shook his whole body.

"So, now to the hot springs if we can find them?"

"Yep to the hot springs, do you want to ride on my back? It's quite a walk but I can quickly travel, four legs really helps for making long distances," Eddy smiled down at Brett, offering his hand to Brett just in case he wanted to walk on his own.

They had a lot to do so Brett nodded. Riding the deer one more time and this time actively? Yes of course!

"I would love to ride on you." Brett smiled and stepped closer, waiting for Eddy to lower himself so he could get on more easily. Otherwise his hooves could hurt the deer and he certainly didn't want that.

"Can you lower yourself a bit please? So I can get on a bit more easily."

He wasn't the tallest after all.

Eddy lowered his belly to the grass so Brett could climb on top of him, "Wrap your arms around my torso so you don't fly off."

He wondered to himself what was wrong with Brett and how he could fix it. It was hard when he didn't know the geep that well and had been told how dense he was. Two variables that didn't help his thinking process.

Brett crawled on and wrapped his arms around Eddy to have a secure hold.

"I hope I am doing this correctly," the geep mumbled as he pressed his body against Eddy's human one and his hands laid on the stomach of the deer. It was kinda like snuggling for sleep but different.

"You are, tell me if anything is too much," Eddy rose to his hooves, it was time to make their journey. He didn't start outright running, he began with a trot instead. It was a good pace for Brett to adjust to.