Inevitable Dread

The next morning came and with that the dread was filling Brett. Eddy had to go back today. Well, technically he didn't have to, but Eddy wanted to so it was more or less an order. Brett sighed softly, looking at the sleeping deer in his arms. He pressed a kiss on Eddy's forehead, letting the sweet thing sleep until he was rested.

Surprisingly the night was calm. Eddy neither turned nor tossed and didn't have any nightmares Brett was able to recognize. The deer slept like always. Maybe because they did not have as much space as before and therefore Eddy's body froze? It could be. For whatever reason, Brett was happy not to get kicked to be honest. Not that Eddy would do it on purpose of course.

Since it was very early, Brett knew Eddy would sleep a bit more under normal circumstances. So he had the deer to himself for a tiny bit longer. Eddy laid still, only his breath signalling that he in fact was still alive. Although it was sometimes hard to tell when he slept this still. At least it meant it was safe for Brett, he never got injured while lying down with Eddy. The faun appreciated that a lot actually.

But now he was caressing Eddy's head and human back with soft, comforting rubs. He wanted to have the deer wake up to something nice and calming. The time when they had to separate would come soon enough. Eddy liked the touches, not that he could show much appreciation in slumber. However, his features seemed to soften and relax more when he felt the touch. His muscles would tense up but then relax as he felt the comforting touch. SInce they were so close now, Brett felt the shift in Eddy's rigid form and smiled. Yes, that was much better.

"I love you," he gently whispered, almost to the point where he couldn't be heard anymore. He didn't want to wake Eddy up, he wanted to comfort him. And since adults playing was out of question, Brett would take the soft, gentle route. He gently nibbled at the cute deer ears. Eddy was so dang cute! In his sleep, the harsh lines in his face softened and he looked ten years younger. Brett liked that. Eddy tilted his head back slightly when he felt the little nibbles, he had no clue what it was. It wasn't a feeling he was quite used to. He didn't hate it though, it was just strange to try to comprehend while asleep.

Brett chuckled softly and nibbled at them again before moving to Eddy's cheek and gently sucking on them. He didn't leave any marks, he just had his fun with the deer while Eddy was asleep. The sucking was followed by a big wide lick over the cheek and soft kisses around the eyes and on the forehead again. Eddy slowly opened his eyes when he felt all the kisses and dampness on his cheeks from the suckling, "Hmm?"
It was a questioning little hum as he looked tiredly as Brett, did the faun finally decide he was fully going predator?

"Hmm, you taste sooo good," Brett giggled when he noticed that Eddy opened his eyes. Playfully he licked over the cheek one more time before pressing a feather light kiss on the lips. He was now allowed to do that! Eddy was awake! Well, mostly at the very least.

"When you come back from the herd today, I will eat you fully."

"I like not being eaten though, I knew this day would come when you would become a predator and eat me," Eddy said dramatically but tiredly. He wasn't serious, at least not fully. At the moment though, he was simply being playful. It was best to be playful in the morning than being a sad mess.

"You will love to be eaten, I promise. You will beg me to eat you," Brett nibbled on Eddy's neck and licked over it. He grinned and his kisses wandered lower to Eddy's collarbone, "Don't you think so?"

"Hmm maybe I will, maybe I won't." Eddy decided to play aloof although he knew he was quite vocal when it came to Brett. Eddy also was a very whiny deer naturally when it came to things such as that. Not that many others would really know that beside's Brett and Eddy.