Mysteries of Self

Eddy carefully led them until he saw a blue hue of light reflecting off the surface of the rocks. He sat down with a silly little grin on his face, "Look up."

He whispered as he looked up. Brett did as he was told and looked up. He blinked in confusion, "Woooow, that's pretty!"

Above them was a pool of water, suspended by nothing. It swished and swayed with the currents and waves, yet it didn't spill into the cave nor did it drip. It was as if glass.

Eddy watched Brett's reaction from the corners of his eyes, "I like watching the fish swim around. It's fascinating."

Brett obviously never saw something in his life - how would he? Magic was not in the human realm; only in the creature realm. He let go of Eddy's hand to step closer, entranced by the vision in front of his eyes, "That is super pretty. And you are right, I love it!"

"We can just watch it for a bit." Eddy laid down then rolled over to his back so he could gaze upon it. He absolutely loved it too. It was so wonderful and amazing. Plus the fishies were cute. In Brett's eyes, Eddy was the most cute one and he laid down next to Eddy. Since they were in a cave and nobody except the fish were with them, he took Eddy's hand and placed a kiss on the back, "Is there a water spirit living in the pond-thing or are we completely alone?"

That question was not a tricky one and the look Brett gave the deer should clear up any questions as to why he was asking.

"There is one that keeps the waters lifted and from spilling. But they are more like mother earth, you know? So there but not always watching," Eddy hummed warmly with his answer.

Not being alone meant Brett couldn't do intimate things with Eddy, so the faun pouted a bit, "So I can't be close to you?"

He could wait until they were in the den but he didn't want to if he was honest. So he came a bit closer to Eddy until their sides touched. If the water spirit was a talkative one Eddy would encounter problems and Brett didn't want that.

"You can lay with me and be close, the spirit won't mind," Eddy chuckled softly as he watched all the fish.

"Hmm that's good," Brett grinned and placed little kisses on Eddy's shoulder. He found watching Eddy more interesting than the fish. He admitted, they were pretty but not as pretty as his dear deer.

"Indeed. I like this spot a lot. It's just so peaceful," Eddy talked softly as he watched in awe. He felt like he was in awe and wonder every time. It never ceased. This made Brett turn to the fish as well. They were indeed so pretty.

He'd rubbed his thumb over Eddy's back of the hand while they watched the fish together.

"I am happy to get to share this with you," Eddy whispered then went silent. He watched how the blue light cascaded down the rocks and the shadows the fish cast over them.

"I thank you for showing me. It's really something else." Brett was happy to see that. He occasionally looked at Eddy and then back at the fish. It was calming and with Eddy at his side he was not cold; speaking of which! The faun grinned as he sat up and towered over the deer.

"You are very cute right now, Eddy. Very, very cute."

Eddy blushed at the compliment, "Oh thank you."

He said shyly but happily. He loved little compliments. The grin on the faun's face however spoke of mischief, "So pretty."

He brushed over the head and twirled a longer strang between his fingers, "So pretty and so alluring."

Eddy giggled shyly, turning his head slightly. He wasn't sure how to reply except with his shy looks and thanks, "Thank you, I am glad you think so."

"Hmmm, and even if you didn't look wonderful on the outside, your inside is even more beautiful. Such a sunny personality, humble, friendly and so, so loveable."