Growing Pains Comes In Spurts

Chapter 33: Growing pains come in Spurts

The next day Brett woke up and felt strange. His whole body hurt and he didn't feel that good. He whimpered, not wanting to open his eyes. Did Eddy roll on top of him in his sleep? No, that never happened before. So why was he hurt all over?

It took a lot of strength to open his eyes, surprisingly. He blinked a few times and wanted to lift his head, but damn, that thing hurt as well. Now he whimpered again. His voice came out a bit lower... like what?

The faun didn't know what to make of it. He looked at the still calmly sleeping deer and slowly got up. Huh? Why did the den look so small? It didn't look like that yesterday. He flinched when his head exploded because his horn touched the ceiling. What?! Now he couldn't help himself and he let out a painful moan, most likely waking Eddy. Eddy jolted awake when he heard the loud noise. He looked around with tired eyes, his vision was blurred from just waking up, "What's wrong!?"

"I'm hurt, Eddy. Did you roll on top of me? I feel squished and half dead. And my head hurts so much," the faun whimpered when he heard his own deeper voice. That was also not normal? Or did he snore so much in the night that his throat was all raspy? He could use a drink to be true. He laid back down and huffed. This was not a nice way to wake up!

Eddy blinked a couple of times, trying to have it so they weren't so blurry. That was when they hyper focused on Brett, looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

The faun looked definitely different from yesterday! Yes, the pained look was also new, but oh god! Brett was huge compared to yesterday. The horns were way longer, more than at least Eddy's hand length over the hair instead of shyly peeking out of the fluffy nest. Albeit it was a bit difficult to say but Brett's body seemed to be a lot bigger and taller as well. A gentle green hue surrounded the faun, signaling that this was the work of magic. Maybe even Eddy's own magic he used on the bed? He did let it grow and mature pretty fast yesterday. Maybe that was the reason?

Well, regardless of what was the trigger, the fact still stood that Brett was taller and bulkier than before. He was still thin and not as tall as Eddy, but he wasn't the short tiny thing either. He looked more mature to boot. The face was a bit longer, the cheeks not as chubby - much to Eddy's dismay. He liked the poofy cheeks! He liked to nom on it! And now he was robbed of the pleasure of doing so. So unfair!

Also, if Eddy would have to guess, he would say the faun got at least an arm length on top of him. Maybe forty centimeters? Maybe more? It was really hard to tell when the faun was laying down. To get a better view, they needed to go out and check.

Eddy's mouth fell open then closed again as he stared at Brett. He was trying to put the words in his mouth to speak. Slowly he started to speak, "I didn't roll on you... you've gotten bigger!"

He exclaimed!

Brett opened his eyes again to shoot Eddy a disappointed look, "You are cruel to me this early. You probably rolled on top of me. I feel like that one time where the master hit me with the hay cart and accidentally rolled over me. I know I'm tiny so don't be that cruel." The faun was not happy with Eddy's attempt to console him. He was actually disappointed in Eddy. Why would the deer resort to such abstruse exclamation?! He never lied so why... That halted Brett's thought process. Indeed, the deer never lied to him. So why would he start now?

His eyes snapped open and he turned his head towards his lover, whispering in a small voice, "Bigger? You are not joking?"

"I'm not!" Eddy huffed, not appreciating being accused of lying to Brett when he never had before, "You can go look in the stream."

Well, yes, Brett could do that. The problem was, he was still hurt all over. But he forced his body to cooperate and stiffly rolled out of the raised bed. Then he proceeded to crawl out of his den, thankful that the entrance was bigger and not as steep as Eddy's. As soon as his whole body was outside, he slumped down, in unbearable pain and exhaustion. If he was indeed bigger then he would need a lot more food and fluids, both which he kind of neglected yesterday in favor of giving Eddy more. The faun whimpered. He noticed his hands were bigger, the distance between the bed and the entrance was also a lot shorter, so everything spoke in favor of Eddy's exclamation. But still, the faun didn't want to hope for too much.