Epilogue: New Beginning (1/3)

When Brett left his home - his first one, the pasture - he did so under a hail of bullets. Each and every one of them could be his end.

When he left this second kinda-home, he left only barely alive. He would have been dead if not for a friendly stranger and his lover's older sister.

To his utter surprise there was no third one. No, when they left the realm to travel to a new one, it was to be their home. It was a surprise he didn't believe could be the truth. And now? Now he was immensely happy.

Eddy and Brett had a big den with multiple smaller dens connected - like they had planned in Eddy's home realm - and all was filled with either wondrous jars and jugs and amphorae and what not, and some were filled with the softest, densest moss out there. And some... well, some were very well hidden and only the owner of the den knew where they were.

Brett leaned against one of the thick birch trees and watched Eddy playing with the fubs - even though Belle hated that word - of Belle and Ray. It was now springtime and the small little things rolled in the flowers and squealed in delight.

The older faun was big and strong now, watching over his expanded herd. Yes, the small things were adorable! And Eddy? Eddy was as beautiful as ever. Even in all the years they spent together, Eddy was still the most beautiful being he ever laid eyes on. Brett sighed and got up. It was time for him to play with the cute things and his mate. Eddy heard Brett get up so he looked back at the faun, with his soft brown eyes. His hair had grown out and his antlers were now grown fully once again. His hair was decorated with flowers, and his antlers had some pretty things dangling off them. He smiled at his mate, loving him so much.

The two little fubs were about 3 years old, Ray and Belle didn't waste any time getting busy when it came to having kids. And since Brett and Eddy were good friends and part of the herd, they were wonderful uncles to the little ones.

Brett stood beside Eddy and kissed him on the rosy round cheek, not wanting to be too forthcoming with the two kids around, "Hello love. How do they tire you out? I hope not as much as I do."

The faun chuckled thanks to his little dirty inside joke and bent down to grab one of the quirky fubs to hold her in his strong arms. She giggled a bit when her uncle Brett picked her up, she tried to roll away but obviously could not since Brett wasn't about to just drop a child.

Eddy rolled his eyes at Brett's comment but had a small smile, "No one could ever tire me as much as you do love, do not worry."

Eddy laid in the grass, letting the little boy climb up on him, he was also looking at uncle Brett though wanting attention! But now Brett had his sister in his arms so he would definitely watch her a bit more. He tickled her, delighted to hear her squeals. Her long legs flailed - she was more part deer like her mother - until Brett got a hoof in his face. But thankfully it was a small hoof and the girl wasn't that strong as of now so Brett only let her down to mercilessly tickle her. Somehow the young fub broke free and galloped around them, with Brett just watching and laughing.

"See I am the nice uncle, I don't tickle you," Eddy smiled at the little fun boy, his front legs were like his fathers, all lion but his backside was mostly all deer except for his long tail with a fluff on the end. Eddy thought they were both so cute honestly. Maybe he should settle down with Brett soon and they could have kids of their own. Eddy wasn't all too sure but he thought it would be nice.

If one would ask Brett, he would have children with Eddy the first year they were here. He loved the deer and after a long hase of sadness and depression, which Eddy wasn't fully healed from - he still had from time to time a forlorn gaze into the distance and days where he was very quiet - the deer finally glowed and fully bloomed. More and more barriers crashed down even though it took a lot of coaxing from Brett, but here they were. Eddy with the long hair, Brett always wanted, happy with a smile on his face. That was all Brett ever wanted for Eddy. Happiness. Pure and unfiltered happiness.