Unnatural

The following morning Eddy came back, it seemed much earlier than usual. He didn't say anything, only drifted to his den. His ears pressed to his head as he slipped inside wordlessly.

Brett was out and about, sadly not in the den to welcome back Eddy. He didn't expect the deer to come home so early. He was at the pond, chopping up the kelp to make a wonderful and big ass salad for Eddy. The soup was already simmering, it had been ready since yesterday. It took the faun maybe a couple more minutes and then he headed home, waving at the very friendly water spirit as he left the pond.

He hummed and skipped every other step because Eddy came home and all was wonderful! He had prepared a wonderful meal and now all that was left was to get the bowl and dress the salad with a bit of salt and some fresh vegetables he grew yesterday. He noticed that, when he thought of Eddy, he not only grew daisies all over the place, but also could grow the vegetables much faster. It seemed to be the power of ~love~.

The happy faun returned to the dens and sang a little song under his breath. He put the cut kelp in a bowl and added the carrots, red beets, kohlrabi, radish and arugula. It was a happy colored salad. When he wanted to head down to Eddy's den to get the second bowl he was startled to see a very unhappy deer on the bed.

"Oh my, Eddy! Welcome back," the faun cheerfully said. He was very concerned after seeing the body language. He looked like a hit or whipped deer! What had happened?! The faun came closer and gently laid a hand on Eddy's head, slowly stroking the deer.

Eddy made a soft noise not really wanting to talk but he couldn't let his bad mood affect Brett's good mood, "Hello, Brett."

He tried not to look too down but he couldn't help it. He was a very unhappy deer that day. And it was not hard to see that honestly. Brett gave Eddy a soft kiss on the head, only touching the fluffy hair. He didn't know what happened but he didn't want to trigger anything just because he kissed Eddy on the mouth or something. Who knew what the damned deers did to his lovely deer?!

Brett crouched low and gently rubbed with one hand over Eddy's cheek,m "Do you want breakfast? I made soup and a surprise salad for you. But it will be fine if you don't want to eat now. We can take a nap as well. Sleep all the mood away and then start for real in the day, okay?"

"Can we sleep a bit..." For once Eddy didn't feel hungry. He just wanted to sleep and never leave his den. From the world he wanted to hide. In his den, he was pretty capable of doing that. Even if Brett was there he didn't really mind much. He liked the faun.

"Of course we can. Just let me take the soup off the fire and store the salad so the ant and stuff don't eat everything. Make yourself comfortable, I will come as soon as possible," Brett spoke softly and gently. The deer was not hungry? How sad had Eddy to be to be not hungry? It was a disaster and Brett would try his damndest to fix it. So he rushed out after Eddy nodded, to do what he said he would do and rushed to return into the den, bringing a cucumber with him. Just as an 'emergency reserve'. Maybe Eddy wanted to nibble on something, maybe not. But the cucumber was not cut so it was the perfect choice. He wiggled back into Eddy's den - he should really make the entrance a tiny bit bigger - and laid right next to the deerling. The green stick of delicious watery-ness was laid right beside the bed and then Brett's hands were free to circle around the deer to hug him.

Eddy cuddled close to Brett, he felt sore, not that he would vocalize his pain just yet. Instead he stayed quiet and simply cuddled. Eddy may tell Brett later if he felt like actually talking. Which he didn't at that moment. And Brett was mostly fine with it. He would love to hear Eddy's woes but he couldn't force the deer.

"I love you," he whispered instead, before he said anything else, "I love you so, so much."

He pressed his larger body tightly against Eddy while he rubbed the back as well. Eddy should be enclosed in a warm, tight hug, giving him the feeling of being safe. Safe and sound and protected. Nothing bad could and would happen here.