Make my Heart Grow Still

"Well, that wasn't that bad, right?" Brett laughed and took Eddy's clean but stinky hand in his own, "Anyway, how about we stop by the warm pond when we go back? Then we can take a dip and thankfully a few cleaning herbs grow there as well."

"Not too bad, but like you said we will need a bath. A very long and good one," Eddy giggled softly. He didn't mind too much, but he would prefer not to smell so utterly disgusting. He liked smelling and looking nice.

Maybe they found something on their way back? Something that would give them the option of having more fun than just simple fun?

Brett chuckled, he doubted Eddy would like it if he tried to mount the deer in the wide open, even if it was far away from home. But they had all the time in the den.

"Yes, a warm one with lots and lots of herbs. I like fish but I don't like it when we stink like fish."

"I don't either because I like smelling nice and looking pretty," Eddy pouted playfully but wasn't really upset about it. He was pretty chill even if he didn't like being smelly.

"Well, you are naturally beautiful so looking pretty comes easy to you. And we will get that stinky stuff off of us so don't worry."

They leisurely held hands and started to wander back. How could Eddy think he was not pretty? He was the most pretty!

"Thank you, Bretty," Eddy's tail waggled back and forth when Brett called him beautiful. He wouldn't call himself vain but he did appreciate looking nice. He looked around as they walked together, "I hope you don't miss me too much tomorrow. I will miss you, I know."

Ah, yes. Tomorrow was the day where Eddy would vanish again. Brett gulped but nodded, "I have a lot to do. I will obviously miss you, but I will be busy at the same time. Will you be home for dinner then?" Last time Eddy spent one night with the herd. Was it the same this time? Brett didn't remember if Eddy told him.

"I will be back in the morning, I will stay the night." Eddy didn't like sleeping there because he felt unsafe but he was trying to appeal to his parents. Eddy knew no other way to do so, other than to be there with them and behave.

Yes, it would be a very lonely night for Brett then. A good thing he had to take care of a lot of stuff so he would need to work hard to finish all that. Also to fall into his bed, utterly exhausted. The faun nodded.

"Then I will make the best soup you have ever eaten for breakfast."

"You always make an amazing soup," Eddy chuckled with a smile. He would be happy to come back though and sleep with Brett through the morning. He would be safe then and wouldn't have to continuously watch his back.

"Thank you but I think I need to step up the game more. I want you to melt away when you taste my food. So I have to do a lot better than now!"

Yes, he wanted to spoil and take care of his lover all the time. And if Eddy thought he had to leave him temporarily he would make sure Eddy was rewarded heavily for returning. Not only with food but also cuddles, snuggles, naps and all those things Eddy's enjoyed.

"I am sure you will find something that makes it even better but I still like it," Perhaps it said a lot about Eddy, not even pushing for change when it came to something as simple as soup. He was simply okay with how things were.

But being okay was not good enough for Brett. He wanted for Eddy only the best. And he held his own cooking to such impossible standards. So it was only natural he wanted to give his best to Eddy.

"Thank you. I really do appreciate it, but I still want to make it better."

"I will like it then too," Eddy smiled softly as they continued on their way to the pond. It would be nice to sink in its warm waters soon. He needed to not continue to smell fish. But it would take them quite some time to arrive there.