Sleep is nice but You're Better

The nap was longer than Brett anticipated. Way longer.

He blinked his eyes open and yawned. Naps were the bane of his existence since he really slept too long. The deer on his chest was still there, he checked for a brief second. And his hand was still in Eddy's hair. Hopefully he didn't hurt the man.

"Eddy," he breathed, checking if the cervitaur was awake or still asleep.

"Hmmm?" Eddy was still half asleep so he hummed slightly in recognition that someone had said his name. Besides that he was still out of it. His ears twitched a bit and then he tried to snuggle closer to Brett.

The faun lifted both his hands and massaged Eddy's head. He loved to do that, "Nothing. Just checking if you are awake."

Oh man, that face was so loveable, especially when Eddy furrowed his brows slightly. Eddy rubbed his cheek against Brett as he felt the massages, those were oh so nice. He loved them dearly, "Mmm."

Hums were his response as of now.

While Eddy was awake he was kind of not and it was even more precious to Brett. So he wouldn't pester him with questions, instead he would just enjoy the time they spend together. And since Eddy worked so far for them in the morning he deserved all the pets he showered upon the deer.

It started with the head of course. After that was fairly ruffled, he moved on to the neck and cheeks and rubbed there. Not too harshly of course, most of it was simple petting or stroking.

While his hands were busy, Brett watched through half lidded eyes the face of his friend. It was calming. The relaxed features made him look younger than he actually was and Brett felt the need to protect the deer from any harm on a deeper level than before. Brett knew that feeling from all the romance books he read. This was called 'love'. Even if he only knew Eddy for three days he was head over heels for the cervitaur.

Brett liked to be close, he wanted to protect him, his happiness and all the things Eddy held dear. Was it wrong? Maybe, but not for Brett.

He would hold back to say it to Eddy though. He didn't want to pressure the deer into saying something back. And he knew Eddy only liked him, not loved him. So that was a big difference. For now he would simply continue on like he did the days before. Sticking to Eddy like glue and trying to make him as happy as he possibly could. Eddy wasn't aware of Brett's thoughts so he just cuddled closer. He wanted to leech off all the body warmth the little faun had and also to keep Brett warm. He was so tiny and precious, Eddy could blanket him a bit to make sure he was fine.

The faun grinned at that. Really, Eddy was so cute. He wondered how winter would be for them. Would he even need his own den if he decided to stay with Eddy? Probably not. But for appearance sake he would have it.

The body of his most favorite deer cervitaur was warm and inviting, so he sighed and he snuggled closer. Eddy felt happy when Brett came closer for snuggles. He absolutely loved the feeling of another creature by him, it made his world a little less lonely than it was. At the den was when it was really lonely, but not anymore. Now he had Brett to fill the emptiness.

Brett had Eddy and Eddy had Brett now. And they would try to be even more close. Well, Brett was trying to when he curled around Eddy's head with his upper body and pressed a kiss on the fluffy nest he called hair.

"I just wish you would like me like I like you," he mumbled, almost inaudible.

Eddy's ears twitched sensing a noise coming from Brett but couldn't identify what it was so he simply mewled. He didn't want to leave the faun unanswered even if he didn't know anything.The cervitaur simply liked being good and that meant he shouldn't leave Brett in silence.