Evading Death when He Comes

The cervitaurs breached the pact of truce. The carnivore had every right to retaliate. Hopefully it won't come to this!

She nudged Eddy so they galloped in the opposite direction where the bucks went.

*

And lo and behold. They found Brett. Or something vaguely Brett-shaped. Livvy gasped as she saw the bloody and broken black fluff on the ground, right next to a pond. Sadly not the pond the Nøkken lived in. Otherwise the bucks wouldn't have gotten off Scot free and he wouldn't allow them to mangle Eddy's lover like that.

"Oh no, oh no!"

Brett was laying in a heap, tufts of wool were on the ground, his pale skin now red from being torn and scraped. A pool of blood was underneath his smashed face, his eyes swollen on top of being black and blue. He has nasty imprints of hooves all over his body; the ribs didn't look good either. It was swollen and bloody. Almost every inch of skin was bloody with a blueish undertone, showing that he was kicked and hit. The scars barely stood out anymore; they were drowned in all the new wounds. Some of the hooves ripped into the skin, dosing Brett in red. It was a gruesome sight. Eddy felt his heart stop beating as all breath left him. He ran over to the pulp, checking for any sign of being alive.

Brett still breathed, but hung on by a thread. The breath was labored and sounded wet. Blood already filled his lungs from the sound of it.

"Oh my Rohit!" Tears were burning in his eyes but Eddy needed to stay focused. He couldn't possibly move Brett without making the injuries worse, how could he handle this?! His hands hovered helplessly over the broken body, unable to touch anything in case he made it worse, "I need my sister!? She's a healer. Do you know how to keep someone alive!?"

He knew he was the quickest person to get Belle. Livvy wouldn't know where to look but Eddy did. That would mean he would have to leave Brett though and he could not justify that if Livvy had no knowledge of keeping one magically sustained even if for mere minutes. All the cervitaur learned magic so he had hopes.

Livvy was still at his side, lowering her body right next to the faun, tears were running down her face. That she basically laid down in blood was not important, the injured faun was. She couldn't believe it. She was afraid of hurting the other creature so she only put her fingertips right next to Brett's temple and let her magic flow into the faun immediately. She knew the faun was hanging on by a thread and she needed to stabilize and start to heal him immediately. It was easier to show Eddy that she could do it instead of answering.

"I will hold him here. Run. Get Belle and come back as soon as possible," she managed to whisper. The life force was so weak in the faun! She desperately hoped he would make it. But it didn't look good to be honest. Eddy had to hurry and Livvy hoped his sister was a luminary in the field of healing. She would do what she could do with all her might to keep the faun in the world of the living but there was not much left and he would slip between their fingers.

Eddy took a deep breath trying to calm down, but he quickly turned on his heels and ran! He rushed to the garden, galloping faster than he usually could. Pushing himself to his limits and beyond as much as he could, even though his lungs burned and his legs ached. This was all worth it; it was for Brett.

"Belle! Belle!" Eddy cried for his sister as he reached the garden, his fair sister quickly coming when she heard his stressed cries.

"What is it?" She looked upon him with concern.

"Please come help, Brett is injured... please," Eddy all but wailed. Belle knew this was serious - one didn't have to be a genius to understand that - so she let him drag her back to the scene of the poor injured creature. It didn't take them long to reach the bloody crime scene and they saw Livvy who was bent over the faun, pouring everything into the creature she never met.