+2

+ + +

+ + +

R.HAMILTON

A big day, indeed, for Alden Hamilton.

Cheering erupted all around River when the red Ferrari flew by them. The sound of the race car caused River's ears to almost burst alongside the loud encouragement of the crowd. Standing down by the garage, almost with the pit crew who were dressed in red, intensified the experience of the race.

River adjusted the white jumper over her shoulders and folded back the sleeve of her blue and white striped shirt. When Alden flew by them with new tires, she cheered him on through the screen as if her brother could hear her or see her at all.

"This has to be one of the most dangerous jobs in the world," Jade sighed beside River. She gave her soon-to-be sister-in-law a one over. Light grey high-waisted trousers secured to her waist with a thin, brown belt. A white bodysuit accentuating her hourglass shape beneath the racing team's red jacket. Hair slicked back and parted down the middle, neatly tucked behind her ears.

"Everything is dangerous," River countered. The woman beside her exhaled loudly once more. "What's wrong?" she asked, now fully turned to face Jade. Worry caused Jade's eyebrows to furrow, and her eyes seemed glossed over. The perfect face of makeup highlighted her stunning cheekbones, the fullness of her lips painted crimson.

"Nothing is wrong," she replied as the look on her face remained detached. What Jade said refused to match her facial expression, and it worried River. When her eyes finally met River's awaiting brown pair, the biggest sigh yet pushed her chest to move. "I'm pregnant."

River gasped. The phone in her right hand nearly toppled to the floor.

"We're finally getting a baby Hamilton in the family!" she cheered and tugged Jade closer, hugging the air out of the poor woman. River only pushed her away enough to look her in the eye, then she embraced her again. Jade's faint laughter filled her ear as they swayed from side to side, and she eventually put her arms around River, too. "Alden doesn't know yet, does he?"

"No," Jade shook her head once they stepped apart. "If he wins today, I'll tell him."

"And if he doesn't?" River smirked.

"He always wins," Jade shrugged. "I got these little baby slippers and I want to put them in the trophy before they give it to him. With all the excitement, he won't think to look into it until they took his picture so I'm hoping it'll all be captured."

The groan, the slouch of her shoulders, hopefully presented how River's heart broke in the best way possible. "That's so fucking adorable."

"I'm positively terrified," she admitted and turned back to sit on one of the fold-out chairs. Not wanting to chance staining her bright-white trousers, River remained on her feet and in the way of the sun that desperately tried to fan across Jade's features. "We weren't trying for a baby. I didn't want a baby before we got married, and now..."