+40

+ + +

+ + +

R.HAMILTON

Jetlag put everyone to bed much earlier than usual, and the morning came so much quicker than River anticipated.

Still, when she woke up, the clock on her phone showed 10:39 which was a lot later than she liked to start her day. Sleeping in wasn't an option she had often, and when it happened, it felt wrong. It felt like the day had gone by her, and she was behind schedule.

This time, she was fine with it. She was on holiday, and the only thing she had to worry about was where she put her factor fifty.

"Catch," Harry said, perhaps the first word from him that morning. He looked incredibly sleepy, his hair everywhere, and curlier than usual. The heat already worked wonders on his hair, even though he claimed he hated it. His voice was deep, and River felt it in her chest.

He threw the bottle of sunscreen to her, and she failed to catch it. The bottom hit her pinky, and she cried out, thinking her nail broke from the impact. Pain made her finger throb, and she started to shake her hand out. Harry was so lost in his own hazy mind that he blinked at her a couple of times before he shot up from his spot on the bed.

Harry grabbed her hand in both of his, and kissed all over her fingers as if that could've eased the pain. It helped a little because she started to laugh, and he followed suit.

"Does it still hurt?"

"Just gone numb," she said. "I'm fine. I thought it broke my nail."

"Tsk, we can't have a broken nail on holiday, can we?" he shook his head dramatically. Again, River chuckled, and ran her thumb over his warm cheek a couple of times. "Tell me we have absolutely no plans today," he sighed as he leaned his face into the palm of her hand. River's heart jumped, and she tilted her head gently to watch him close his eyes.

"Absolutely no plans, darling," she confirmed in a soft tone, her thumb light across his skin. "Except for going down to the beach, and baking in the sun. Does that sound acceptable?"

"It sounds fucking perfect," he smiled as he opened his eyes slowly. If River hadn't already fallen in love with him months ago, she may have fallen in love with him in that moment. Something in the way he looked at her made her feel on top of the world, yet her knees were weak, and she was close to losing her balance.

Harry didn't let her pull back to continue getting ready. At least, not before he had a chance to put his arms around her, one hand cradled the back of her neck, and his chin rested on the crown of her head. River relaxed into his arms, and tucked her face as deep in his chest as she could.

"Your family is... okay with me being here, right?"

River stiffened. The question caught her off guard, and worried her all the same. Pulling back with her upper body, her hands embraced his waist, and she waited until he looked at her. The worry in his voice reflected in his eyes.