+28

+ + +

+ + +

R.HAMILTON

Some might have said River Hamilton was a messy woman.

River Hamilton didn't believe she was.

At the very least, not until she fell down the rabbit hole of researching her boyfriend. The genuine intention behind this was to look out for him, and as River usually does, keep her loved ones safe. Ever since she found out about his father's relentless calls and text messages, she's been unsettled, and she needed to ensure Harry was ok.

If this made her a messy woman then she was a messy woman and she should start to proudly own it.

The limited information available to her on the company system frustrated her. The next of kin put down was Nicholas, and the other one was Christian. This made sense because Harry only kept in touch with his brothers, one more than the other.

Since the lack of success from the first source wasn't enough to discourage her from finding out what she set out to do, River grabbed a bottle of wine from the cellar, and the nicest, biggest glass she could find in the kitchen, and got comfortable on the couch in her bedroom.

Once logged into the spare social media account she made with her friends for occasions like this, she looked up each of the brothers. Nicholas had family photos uploaded, and many fishing photos with his friends. Christian had old high school photos on his account and nothing more. Neither one of the brothers shared anything with their parents or even each other which was a surprise. The fact that they had public accounts was slightly more shocking. River expected them to be private.

Like Harry.

They didn't follow each other anywhere. For one, it would've confirmed River's connection to him and revealed their potential relationship. Of course, she often posted stories where his foot appeared or the back of him filled out the corner of the screen, but she supposed it could've been taken of anyone. No one had questioned her posts so far which meant it was a success on her end.

After the failed attempt at social media, River simply Googled Harry's family. Nothing came up—no surprise there. Would it have been so terrible to find that the Styles had some sort of news about them? Perhaps for them—but not for River!

Besides Harry, who didn't want to share any information about his family, Alden was the only person who could've helped River out. For the time being, she didn't want to do anything drastic like hire a PI. After all, she did promise Harry she would stay out of his business, even if it wasn't those exact words. Looking around, and making sure the coast was clear was different. This was purely for safekeeping purposes.

Alden was currently in America since his job took him to the other end of the world. The 2022 season worked perfectly alongside Jade's pregnancy for she was due to give birth during the Winter break which meant Alden could be present for those important initial weeks.