+33

+ + +

+ + +

R.HAMILTON

Abu Dhabi came around faster than the car that Alden drove around the circuit on the weekend. It was extremely liberating to walk around the paddock with Harry's hand in River's grasp. The last time they were at a race together they didn't have a good relationship, and looking at everything that happened between that time and the present, River wasn't sure how the hell they made it out.

Ever since the difficult conversation that followed their first time together, they have been honest with each other to a fault. A lot had happened in a month's time, including Chris nearly relapsing but Harry was there for his brother, and River was there for Harry. Even Chris. The brother found it comforting to have River there, their conversations never dull. It was strange, how much she learnt to care for Chris. It worried her when Harry told her about the difficult time they had, and what that meant for the trip she planned for them.

Thankfully, everything worked itself out.

The weekend was filled with great dinners, and even better company. Dexter and Natasha couldn't make it to the final race of the season, and Kaia had to decline at the last minute due to her health. Apparently, she'd been incredibly nauseous lately and she could barely keep anything down. It wasn't an unexpected pregnancy because the tests were negative therefore to be sure she got an appointment with her doctor. This also put Dorian out of the trip for understandable reasons.

Now, Jax.

Oh, the youngest Hamilton brought chuckles to River because when he turned up, he'd done so with a beautiful woman on his arm. Dark, luscious, thick hair. Eyebrows to match. The world and its many wonders mirrored from within her brown eyes—eyes that made River feel instantly at peace. She spoke elegantly, and sounded well-educated.

It was laughable, when River thought back to her thought process during their first meet. She measured up the young woman like Dexter would've done, putting her up against a ladder of expectations.

Interestingly, she didn't fail.

Besides the lack of wealth attached to her surname, that young woman was everything Jax deserved. Perhaps even needed. Brave to say, sure, River was aware of that, but seeing her brother quite so enchanted with a woman like this was something she never thought would happen.

Val, as she preferred to be called, was the key to the door Jax kept tightly locked from the world. River took in her brother and saw a relaxed version of him. Someone who he hadn't been since he was young. Travelling made him free but Val made him comfortable. River knew they were the perfect match—one that Jax would fight for with everything in him to keep sacred.

Which meant their parents needed to get a hold of themselves because three out of four kids going against their wishes regarding their romantic endeavours was going to put them in the grave early.