+Epilogue

+ + +

+ + +

R.HAMILTON || R.RADCLIFFE

5 YEARS LATER
MAY, 2029

The Clubhouse buzzed from the chatter of people. Golf balls flew in the air with some successful and some not-so-successful swings. The cheer of children brought a huge smile to River's face, specifically when her own reflection began to run towards her.

"Mummy!"

River put her drink down on the table as she opened her arms. "Slow down, darling."

"Mummy, Ivy is here," the little boy jumped up and down in excitement until he found a comfortable resting place between River's arms. She lifted her son onto her lap, and gave him the lemonade she drank. Before she even realised, the beverage was gone and she kissed the crown of her son's head.

"Where is your brother?" she asked him while she pulled her phone from her bag. Sure enough, there was a text from her own brother, Alden, letting her know they have arrived.

"He's with daddy," he responded. "Can we go find Ivy now, please?"

"Sure, darling," she sighed and helped her son down from her lap. The five-year-old lifted his arm and hooked his fingers into her Cartier bracelet and began to pull her away from their table.

It was a warm afternoon, and River ran hot these days. Baby number three was making her go absolutely crazy, not that she expected otherwise after two boys. Knowing she was growing another boy had to be one of the funniest things she'd ever known. While her brothers were incapable to producing any boys—yes, all of their five kids combined were girls—River seemed to be able to give birth to two healthy baby boys, while currently housing her third.

Her eldest son, Archie, came as a surprise from the honeymoon River shared with Charlie. Jumping into their future as newlyweds, they spent most of their trip wasted which ultimately led to irresponsible decision making. Although, she was never truly sure what about their actions were irresponsible, considering they were both consenting adults—married at that, too.

Her second son, Oliver, had to be Charlie's birthday present for he most certainly got conceived on the night of his father's thirty-second birthday. River remembered that trip to Jamaica incredibly well and often thought back to that time fondly.

Her third son, currently still unnamed, was her birthday present. It simply had to be because the timings added up, and now she was four months down with another five to go.

Archie ripped his hand from River's grasp as he began to run forward, right into the arms of Ivy Hamilton. She was six years old now, and the oldest of all the Hamilton babies. Ivy always held a special place in River's heart, not just because she was the first but because she was the only one in their family who got to be loved by the one person who still haunted River's heart. She reminded River of him every time she saw her niece but it was a heart-warming memory rather than one she despised.