+27

+ + +

+ + +

H.STYLES

Harry stood to the side, gobsmacked.

Never once during his friendship with Alden did he feel it urgent to know just how wealthy his friend was but for some strange reason, as he stood by River, he couldn't help it but wonder. Of course, they all had a steady income through the jobs they did but on top of that, he often forgot, they also had an inheritance that previous generations have passed down to them.

And so, as Harry stood by River, and witnessed the woman purchase a watch that he never in his lifetime could've ever afforded, he wondered. He wondered just how deep the pockets of a Hamilton went. It wasn't because he envied them—how could he, when they were simply born into the right family? It was more of a sort of amazement, and shock, to find that River could wake up, enter a shop, point at an item, and swipe her card without looking at the price.

"Would you also like one?"

Harry didn't notice that he was addressed with the question. He must've appeared as lost as he felt because River smiled at him like she wanted to tease him, and it made his cheeks red as they heated.

"You've been staring at it for a while now."

"Staring at what?" he questioned, and then his eyes fell on the watches again, and he realised what she meant. "Sorry, zoned out."

"I've noticed," she hummed, her head tilted slightly as she considered him. "Do you not think it's a nice watch?"

"It's stunning," he replied right away. Harry almost felt shocked that she asked him that question—the watch was beautiful, and even someone who didn't like wearing a watch would've agreed. "I'm just—I don't know."

"I am aware Jade has many watches but none of them are this one," she went on to explain while Harry made the assumption that all the watches Jade owned were the same brand. They had to be because River's were the same brand. All of the Hamilton's wore the same brand. They may as well have been personally sponsored by them.

Harry ran his eyes down her body like he hadn't done it all afternoon as he readjusted his stance. It was impossible not to admire the way those wide legged trousers hugged her waist and hips, or how mouth wateringly good she looked from the back. The black turtleneck drove him mad, and the long trench coat that barely revealed the end of her trousers and heeled boots was dizzying on her. River oozed confidence and he nearly drowned in how much he loved it.

When she told him to dress nice, Harry's mind immediately zeroed in on the fact that everyone considered black to be nice. Professional. Appropriate. He had no clue what this outing would consist of, and when he asked, she didn't say too much. Enjoy some time in the city.

Sure.

In his mind, enjoying some time in the city didn't equal to browsing for watches with forty-five thousand pounds price tags attached to them. Harry couldn't shake the feeling that his black jeans, black boots, white t-shirt, and black trench coat severely made him the most underdressed man in the entire store.