+9

+ + +

+ + +

R.HAMILTON

Harry gave River a look that seemed like he teased her but also mocked her when he got in the back of her Rolls Royce. Almost like he was proved right in that River couldn't drive, but she did, in fact, get her license. She was certain her parents would've disowned her if she hadn't passed the first time, for they believed it was a necessity to be able to legally drive.

At the sound of the door slammed shut, Tony started up the car, then once Harry told him which hospital he needed to go to, the chauffeur wasted no time to get there.

It felt right to follow Harry out of the car and into the hospital where their outfits made them stand out like a pair of sore thumbs. While Styles asked for information on his brother, called Christian, River couldn't help but feel out of place. This rarely, if ever, happened, and she wasn't certain if she felt this way because of how she dressed, or because she was where she was and the company she kept.

Before she had any time to dissect the matter, Harry took off towards the lifts and she had no other option but to follow. If Harry thought it was strange, he didn't show it, nor did he voice if he wished for privacy. River would've understood but her curiosity would've driven her mad and potentially to a different floor of this establishment.

"I didn't know you had a brother," she said to him out of nowhere. The walls of the lift pressed in and she started to feel suffocated. It was a new sensation, especially around Harry but River supposed it had something to do with what had happened after the last time she was around him.

To ease curious minds, it happened more than once but she didn't feel any way about it. Humans needed release and River certainly wasn't ashamed about it.

"Considering that three months ago you had no idea I existed, I'm the least bit surprised that you know nothing about me," the words were anything but kind. River didn't take it to heart because she realised he was in a difficult situation. His brother was admitted to the hospital and this couldn't have been easy on him.

This time, River kept her thoughts to herself and shadowed his steps across the hospital. Harry slowed down when they reached the ward's nurse's station, and he asked to see Christian. They fiddled with Harry as they asked for his relation, then told him to wait until they reached the doctor.

Unwillingly, they took a seat with one empty chair between them and the time to wait had begun. For one, River was glad to sit. Even though she only walked from the car to the main reception, then from the lift to this reception area, she felt like she could've fainted. It became a little more difficult to keep herself upright, and the cold feel of the wall behind her back brought her comfort.

"You look like you're going to faint," she heard Harry address her, or she hoped it was her because she groaned in agreement, eyes closed. She felt like she would faint, even though River never experienced it before.