+5

+ + +

+ + +

H.STYLES

The days started to blur together which Harry didn't think to be ideal. Then again, what could he have done to prevent it from happening? His duties at work were repetitive, and therefore he sometimes even found it to bore him to death. It paid the bills, and it kept him out of his head, though, so he supposed the returning cycles of his days were worth it.

When his personal phone rang, he was immediately disturbed, the task at hand now out of his mind like it hadn't been there in the first place. Across his screen, he noted the name of his eldest brother, Nick, alongside a photo of him and Harry at Harry's graduation.

Harry exhaled as he swiped his thumb over the button and lifted the device to his ear.

"Hello?"

"Harry, hey," Nick greeted him with some cheeriness in his tone. "Listen, are we still on for today?"

Laughing, Harry leaned back in his leather chair. "Yes. You're still on for today. Two o'clock?"

"Ah, great," he groaned. "I'm only asking because it's been a while since we booked a place, and you know, wanted to make sure the bosses didn't kick our slot off the agenda."

"No," Harry reassured, though he could see how his brother thought that. When the Hamiltons needed a slot, they had no issue asking Harry to reschedule some things to fit their needs. "Everything is locked and ready for you and the family."

"Thanks, and—how's everything?"

"Nick, I'm working," he laughed, and rubbed at his eyebrows with his thumb and index finger. He could hear his brother sigh and slowly come to the realisation. "But things are okay. I'm getting there. We can catch up later, alright?"

"Sure thing," he cleared his throat. "I'll see you soon."

"Yeah, see you."

When the call cut off, Harry stayed in the same position. He felt his eyebrows furrow in his confusion. The unexpected call from Nick left him zoned out for a little while then he shook his head and got back to work.

His thoughts didn't rest, though. He kept thinking about how he hasn't seen his brother in a while. The first time since then will be at his work—which just so happened to be at the Hamilton Golf Clubhouse. Their lack of interaction didn't occur due to anything dramatic, simply life being in the way. In fact, Harry hasn't seen his younger brother, either. They kept in touch via texts and calls but nothing further.

Was he to blame? Truth be told, sometimes, he didn't feel entirely too sure. Harry preferred to be in his own little world because it was comfortable and perfect for him. To put himself in the spotlight, in an environment where he didn't know his way, meant he had to deal with anxiety unlike any other. No one truly understood that.