Chapter 7

"He's a Mesmer," Marella told Sophie at lunch and that caught my attention. Sophie had asked what Grady's ability was and I was just playing with my Rubik's cube, I had some pretty interesting stuff when we were packing. Marella asked what it was and I just told her, but when she asked to touch it I hissed at her and scooted away, it's mine! Anyway back to the whole mesmer thing.

"What's a mesmer?" I asked and she looked at me.

"Wow you really don't know anything do you?" she asked and I gasped, how dare she!? "I'm just teasing—sheesh. A Mesmer can put you in a trance and make you do anything they want while you're in it. It's rare. Not as rare as inflicting, but close." Stars filled my eyes. So. Fucking. COOL!! How can Grady be ashamed of that? It's so cool!! Wait what's inflicting?

"And inflicting is . . . . . ?" Sophie asked, reading my mind. Not actually- wait maybe she did. I gave Sophie a skeptical stare and she rolled her eyes. "I didn't (Y/N), your just predictable." I gasped in mock hurt and was just ignored.

" When someone makes you feel things. Makes you laugh, makes you cry, causes you incredible pain—whatever they want. It's extremely rare. I only know of one, and he's on the Council. But there might be another. Your history Mentor would know." Marella answered the question and I just tuned out the rest of their conversation, I had already got my questions answered. Also inflicting, AWSOME!! So so many good abilities. I kept thinking about what other cool abilities elves could have while humming the current song going through my head suddenly Marella opened something that smelt sweet and like strawberries.

"Want some?" She asked us and as Sophie shook her head but I nodded, I grabbed two from the box she passed me and took a bite. It tasted like sweet strawberries covered or more like soaked in chocolate. I made a noise of satisfaction and Marella giggled. "Yeah, they are good." We continued to munch on them as the subject drifted to our next session.

"What's your next session, (N/N)?" Sophie asked as I wiped my mouth with the sleeve of my jacket. The teachers had only bothered me once about my outfit choices but then my sweet loving sister came to the rescue spouting stuff about not actually defying the dress code. Something about capes and leggings not being required. Whatever.

"Healing," I answered her question and she hummed while Marella looked at me confused.

"Healing? That's not a subject."

"Yeah well, it is now. I study healing and stuff with the school physician Elwin." I said and she hummed. Soon the bell rang and we all separated to go to class, I headed to the healing center only to walk in on Elwin pulling a rack full of doctor robes with animal prints all over them. When he saw me he let go and turned to me with a smile while putting his hands on his hips.

"There you are!" He said then pointed to the rack. "Pick one, I'm teaching you how to brew some serums today." He said and I nodded. I put my bag on one of the hooks on the wall that held Elwin's jacket and bag. I took off my jacket and hung it as well as I ran over to the rack. I picked a blue one that had a bunch of reptile-like animals on it as Elwin led me to the back. He showed me how to set everything up and what everything was. "Ok, you start with adding a full vile of ******** " Que me picking it up and pouring it in. "And then you add a few dashes of *******" It continued like this for about an hour with Elwin showing me how to measure things and how to make it. Just as we finished it we heard someone walk in, Elwin walked out to see who it was as I put away all the empty stuff.

"Sophie?" I heard Elwin ask. "I figured I'd have to drag you back here to check up on you." I walked out and saw Sophie with a male version of Marella. (you can't deny it, they both have blonde hair and ice blue eyes) Does everyone have an opposite gender look alike? Ohh I wonder if I have one.