Chapter 31

The name kept ringing in my ears as everyone kept arguing and flashbacks went off in my head. Flashbacks of flames and interrogations, Flashbacks of looks of anger and looks of hate. I never met the man believe it or not. But I met his apprentice and he always spoke highly of him. How dangerous he is. How strong he is. How old- I mean ancient he is. Mainly though how he would kill me because of my lack of cooperatance or response. I never believed that I would actually meet him though cause Brant seemed desperate for me to fear Fintan like in turn I would fear him and cooperate. But now with the knowledge that I may just be about to meet him shook me to the bone.

I shook my unease off assuming a comforting smile that I shot my sister to calm her down a bit at least as I zoned back into the conversation.

"There's no reason for him to attend anything at all!" Entitled bitch- I mean Alina argued about something Forkle said. "He's a Pyrokinetic."

"So is my sister," Sophie mumbled. Bronte addressed her.

"Yes and that fact is still under discussion."

"Bitch what-" I said giving a 'you for real' look. He rolled his eyes.

"In the sense of deciding if you have enough control to train nothing more. It's not like we're locking you up." He said annoyed but then Emery spoke in our direction.

"That topic is not of importance at the time." He said then went back to the arguing. The arguing went on for a while but in the end, they decided that Fintan would join the proceedings. We were sent off to our rooms but as we walked through the halls being rushed by the goblins Sophie's voice filled my head.

Hey, are you ok? I jumped.

Gee Soph give me a warning will ya? I thought as I opened my head to her. It felt weird but that might just be from the years of keeping telepaths out because of Gethen always trying to sneak in.

Sorry. But are you ok? You started trembling when Fintan was mentioned. She transmitted and I was about to answer when I felt her mind darken through our link with things that would make even me shudder. If he did anything to you... She let the threat hang there, well aware that I could sense what she was thinking about. Scary. Anygay...

I'm fine. I never actually met Fintan I just heard a lot about him from some people. (ok I know I put that she told them about Ruy but can we kinda forget she did that for the sake of the plot and drama? I put that accidentally and am too lazy to look for and erase that and tell you guys to forget. So, please? With a cherry on top.) I thought as I shuddered from the memory.

Good. I just wish you didn't have to ever meet him though. Or see anyone from the Neverseen ever again. You went through enough... She trailed and I walked over and took her hand in mine, smiling at her.

I'm fine Sophie, really. You don't have to worry. Promise. She met my eyes and she visibly relaxed gaining a small smile on her face. We stayed walking hand in hand with each other until we got to our door. We went in and the door was locked behind us. Edaline went on to talk to Sophie and I was going to walk away when she grabbed my arm.

"Are you ok, sweetie?" she asked, and although I wanted to tell her I was fine and give her a hug I couldn't. I was still mad at her and I wasn't letting that go.

"I'm fine, Edaline," I said sourly and walked away to change and go to bed. As I finished and climbed into bed. Sophie knocked on the door. We had separate rooms that were connected by a door.

"Hey." She said as she walked in. "Um I know now that it's been a couple years it might be weird but-" Before she could continue I groaned and tossed the blanket over for her to come in. She walked over trying to hide a relieved and nostalgic smile. She climbed in and as I turned over I felt her pull up the covers and lean over to hug me. I tensed slightly by instinct, the effect of living in the Neverseen. Gotta be careful. I forced myself to relax as I could feel Sophie's worried gaze burning into my neck. "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine Sophie, just tired," I said shutting down the conversation. I don't know why but this position feels familiar. Not from Sophie though, something else. Like a memory that just won't surface or can't. I ignored it and went to sleep.

"Ok. Good night (N/N). I'm really glad you're back and safe." She mumbled. With that, we fell asleep in silence. It's been so long, this is going to get some getting used to, but I missed this. Being with my sister, I really missed it.

I unknowingly relaxed into her embrace and had the best sleep I'd had in the past few years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

880 words

Ok so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry for not updating!!!!!!! I've been really busy lately with before I was updating my other stories and then I had a bunch of school work cause I was sick. Then it was midterms, which are still going on so don't think these are going to be frequent again for a while but i will try. Also so so sorry for the short chapter.

 I had the idea of putting how some people reacted to (Y/N) being left behind/dead in little one shots? Would you guys like that? Like how Sophie reacts, or Grady and Edaline to losing another daughter. Also Keefe's and others as well. Might not be all of them though. What do you think? Also need ideas so give me what you think their reactions would be! Please don't ignore that I need actual ideas.

Anyway that book I had published a bit ago, Baby Vacker, I know not many people are interested in that kind of book so it's solely for personal enjoyment. But if you guys do like then yeah I guess it could be for you too. I don't know. Anyway it's literally what I asked you guys about a while ago, if Alvar had a daughter. That's why I asked what you think the Vacker's reactions would be to it. 

Anyway I hope you enjoyed it!  Eat drink water and get sleep please! Or I make Ruy get crushed in the tower when it collapses. And don't doubt I can do it cause i can. The power of being an author. I could put what I want. 

Bye loves!! 

~Sahiko