Chapter 35

"MOTHERFUCK—" 

Crash!

"FUCK! HOLY FUCK THAT HURT!"

"She's still at it?" Edaline stated more than asked sitting down at the table. 

"Yup." Grady replied. 

"Your not going to stop her cursing?" Sophie asked surprised. 

 "I'll give her a few days." Just then (Y/N) rolled into the kitchen. The gnomes and some dwarves had helped install an elevator-like thing in the house to help her get round better. "So how's your morning?" Grady asked with a grin. (Y/N) had some scratches on her face from the fall. 

"Fuck you." She said taking a bite of her food. 

"So how do you feel? Dex finally finished your prosthetics and are attaching them today." Edaline asked. 

"Will I be taller?" 

"I don't think Dex had that in mind when making them." 

"Fuck him." 

"(Y/N) Foster!" 

"I thought you said you were giving me a few days!" 

"I changed my mind." 

"Yo!" A male voice came from behind. They turned to see Keefe.

"Yo." (Y/N) said waving. 

"What are you doing here." Grady said glaring. 

"I'm taking (N/N) to see Dex." He said and was about to say something when (Y/N) shoved her food down her throat and proclaimed. 

"Take me away, pretty boy! I want feet again!" At that they all laughed and Keefe grabbed her wheel chair and started walking away. 

"Good luck sweetie!" Edaline yelled after them. 

~~~

"MOTHERFUCKER, THAT HURTS!!!" (Y/N) screamed as the prosthetics were attached to what remained of her legs. Unfortunately they worked the same way human ones do, you have to attach them to your nerves so you could work them the same as normal legs. 

Keefe whimpered in pain but dared not say a word or those curses would be thrown at him. Why is he in pain? Oh (Y/N) is breaking his hand— I mean squeezing his hand. 

"OK that should do it." Dex said. "Try getting up, but be careful." 

(Y/N) finally let go of Keefe's hand (to his relief) and slowly started to get up. She wobbled at first then fell forward. Keefe caught her and it took her a few tries to stand on her own. But as soon as she tried to take a step she fell. They worked the way they were supposed to but it took more effort to move let alone not fall down. It was painful and she just had to get used to the new feeling, but aside from all that it worked perfectly. 

"Well this is great. I would say to be careful and not to walk until you passed physical therapy and got used to it but knowing you, you'd curse me out and try to walk away." Dex joked and (Y/N) grinned, it was true. "So here," he gave her a cane. It was black with a red design of a phoenix in different shades, it also had little flames dancing around it. "To help. Keefe decorated it." (Y/N) smiled a small genuine smile. 

"Thanks." 

"And you could whack people with it. I made sure." Keefe said with a grin. They all laughed. "Come on let's head back to Havenfield."

~~~

(Y/N) POV

We were back at Havenfield and Fitz and Sophie were having a moment. I didn't like that. 

"Are we interrupting something?" I asked facing Keefe. 

"Yes I think we are Birdie." 

"What do you think we're interrupting?" 

"I think they are having a Fitzphie moment. Lets watch." And with that we were about to plop down on the grass and watch when Fitz spoke. 

"We can hear you." 

"Love you too Fitzphie!" Keefe said grinning.

"Hate you Fitzphie!" I said grinning. Fitz rolled his eyes as we walked over. I was using my cane and it really helped with the pain. 

"How's the prosthetics?" Sophie asked. 

"Painful." I said with a tight smile, "And that's saying a lot for me." Sophie cringed. 

"Is that a list?" Sophie asked noticing a paper in Keefe's hand. 

"Ok so this is just a theory so—" 

"Can we skip the whole don't freak out part and get to it? Can we also skip the boring parts?" I said sitting down leaning against the tree. I needed to sit. 

"Ok I'll summarize. If Dimitar was right and the attack here was the ogres going after Lady Cadence and not Grady and Edaline that means i was wrong about the neverseen going after your family. But I know I heard them talk about it, a lot. So I jotted down how many times. Eleven." 

"Ok what are you saying?" Fitz asked. A sickening feeling filled my stomach, Grady and Edaline aren't our only family... please no. 

"I mean they never once said 'Grady and Edaline' they only said 'family'. But I just assumed— and again this is just a theory but... they're not your only family." Keefe said slowly. 

"Oh my god. I-I haven't checked on them in so long—" With that she ran inside. 

"Ok help me up!" Keefe helped me up before we ran after Sophie. Or tried. Stupid ass prosthetics. I kept tripping while trying to go fast and Keefe eventually put me on his back and started running. We finally made it to the room and Sophie was staring blankly at the screen of a ball. Two words in blaring red written on it. 

Not found. 

~~~~~~

Woo! Finally updated! What do you guys think? Sorry it took so long, at first I had a=writers block then school started and I got busy again. But here ya go. 

Hope life is good for you all right now. Remember to drink some water, and eat something. Don't forget to sleep ok? 

Bye loves!!

~Sahiko