Chapter 25

She was going to get into the ring. She was going to get into the ring. She was going to get into the ring. (Y/N) kept repeating this to herself as she stood outside the ring warming up for the big fight. Now, this might need some explaining.

It has been a year since (Y/N) was first introduced to the ring and she learned a lot about it. Apparently but not surprisingly you don't just join the ring, you get in by winning a competition. It's held every five years and only the grand winner gets in, no second or third place, only one person. But we'll get into the competition later, now let's talk about the ring itself.

When you get into the ring, (Y/N) had learned that you receive a few things. Not anything real though. You get a tattoo of what the audience thinks represents you in a fight. You then carve your name into the wall to signify you as a permanent member of the ring, as well as coating it in the blood and sweat that you shed during the battle. Afterward, you have the option to be a fighter, work for the ring, or both.

(Y/N) has been a guest, having a special pass as a student of a member. Oh, right apparently Henry was a pretty famous member of the ring. But honestly who cares. Henry takes (Y/N) to the ring once a week to watch the matches and she loves it. She and Jack have become quite close and she often teases him about his obvious crush on Henry. Oh, and there was also Max.

~

"Well hello there!" (Y/N) heard a sweet voice behind her. She turned around to find a girl about two years older than her. She had ginger hair and beautiful hazel eyes. Her skin was a soft tan and her lips were pink. She was wearing a grey crop top and black knee-length shorts with sandals. Her hair was in a ponytail and she was smiling at (Y/N). "My name's Maxine, but everyone calls me Max. You must be new here right?"

"Yeah, names (Y/N). I haven't seen a kid round here until you, glad to know I'm not the only one." (Y/N) said smirking at the girl.

"Oh yes, trust me we're the only ones. But once I heard there was another kid here I had to come over and see for myself. So how'd you get in?"

"Mentor."

"Same." They proceeded to talk for a while until suddenly a man with grey hair and green eyes appeared. He was pretty plain but you could tell he held much authority.

"Max. There you are." He said then he looked at (Y/N). "Oh, and who are you?" he asked his voice softening when directing it to the child. Bitch, she ain't no ordinary child.

"I-"

"She's my student, Renaldo." They all turned around to find Henry there with a stone-hard expression, He grabbed (Y/N) and pulled her in front of him and away from the two other people.

"Henry."

"Renaldo."

"Oh, what does the ring oh the pleasure? You haven't come around for a while."

"Well I have been busy with my new student, I imagine the same for you," Henry said glancing distastefully at Max who was leaning on the wall with her hands stuffed into her pockets looking uninterested as if she had been through this before. Henry tightened his hand on (Y/N)'s shoulders as he looked back at Renaldo.

"Oh I have and she's quite the prodigy. Fast reflexes and a quick learner, can't tell the same for your four-year-old I'm guessing."

"I'm five." (Y/N) gritted out but Henry signaled her to stay quiet.