Chapter 17

I was awoken from my slumber, which mind you is never a good idea to anyone, by a lot of squealing noises. Whatever animal is making that noise is going to regret it, well not really I'm just going to be really cranky that it scares every living being within a hundred-mile radius, trust me it's happened before.

I rolled out of bed stomping down the stairs ignoring the sleepy Sophie following. As I slammed the door open creating a loud BOOM noise I crossed my arms.

"WHAT THE FUCKING HELL, BITCHES!! WHO HAD THE FUCKING NERVE TO WAKE ME UP AT THIS HOUR!?!?" I yelled and everything froze. Like I said I'm scary when I'm cranky.

Suddenly a golden feathered bird flew at me and landed on my shoulder, its talons kept moving from shoulder to shoulder. It kept rubbing its face against my cheeks and my neck, so freaking CUTE! I softly grabbed it and tucked her into my chest and she seemed happy with that position. What I didn't notice was the small tiny little flames almost unnoticeable dancing along my hands keeping the small bird warm. Sophie noticed though and blocked it from the sight of Grady and Edaline before they noticed. I then saw the leash wrapped around her and scowled, I took it off and the eagle-sized bird looked even happier.

Grady and Edaline soon came over to us. "You girls should be in bed resting." Was the first thing Grady had said when they arrived. Edaline reached out to take the bird but it just snapped at her causing her to quickly retract her hands.

"Guys she's mine now-!"

"No."

"What? What do you mean no?"

"You guys already have Stinky and Iggy your not getting another pet."

"Please!"

"No."

"Please!"

"No."

"Yes."

"Excuse me, young lady?" Grady said in a threatening tone.

"Come on! Clearly, she won't let you touch her and she likes me!" I said and after a little more arguing the bird, my guess is she noticed my arguing with Grady, flew out of my hands' bit Grady's ear and scratched his cheek, and proceeded to chase him around the pastures for five minutes while we laughed then flew back to me and cuddled up to my chest again. I gave her head pats in reward.

"Fine, you can keep her," Grady grumbled as he walked back, the beautiful bird did nothing to hide her glare at him. Ha she's already attached to me and seems to be protective too!

"Well, what are you going to name her?" Edaline asked as she walked over.

"Hmm, don't know what do you think?"

"How about Gildie?"

"That's perfect! Welcome to the family Gildie." I said and Gildie did a bird's version of a purr in satisfaction.

~The Next Day~

Well, long story short Grady and Edaline don't want us near the pastures anymore, boring. Nothing really to get into just them being protective or something. They then sent me and Sophie to study, being more firm on my part. And by firm I mean they threatened me so I actually did study. Although it didn't work, I was just helping Sophie memorize things by holding up flashcards or was napping. Mostly napping though.

The next few days were boring so let's skip to the time Grady showed us how angry he could get.

It was the middle of the night and Alden had suddenly come over, the fucking asswhole has the nerve to come here and wake me up of all things, I am going to kill him one of these days, seriously! He went on to argue with Grady and when he was about to leave Sophie felt the need to make our presence known.

"Wait." Sophie cleared her throat as Alden faced us. "What's going on?"

Alden opened his mouth, but Grady cut him off.

"Go to bed, girls!"

"But—"

"Go to bed now!"

"As I was about to say. " I said pointedly glaring at Grady who glared right back, clearly not in the mood. "You don't have to tell me twice. Oh, and asswhole? Watch your dick the next time I see you, no one wakes me up, no one." I said giggling on the way up the stairs, even though I wasn't looking I could tell Alden shivered. Heheheh, fear is a good look on him.

The next day Grady and Edaline weren't home and even when it turned dark they still weren't home. The gnomes shared some of their dinner with us and Sophie wanted to stay up but I was still mad at Grady for yelling at us yesterday so I went to bed although I forced Sophie to fill me in on why she was worrying and pacing the next day.

Now it's school again, yay. Note the sarcasm. Sophie ran off with Fitz and me and Keefe skipped lunch to set up a prank.

More boring stuff except Sophie wanting me to tell her about anything suspicious I see or report to Alden, which I will do neither. But not like I see anything anyway so, whatever.

Let's skip to the world-shattering truth! Well for Sophie at least. I don't really care kinda saw it coming honestly. . . . . . I'M NOT CRYING YOU ARE!!!

We were home alone again when the doorbell rang and Sophie opened it while I sat on the couch scrolling on my iPod. She walked back in with a scroll.

"Oooooh, what's that!" I said and she blocked it from me. Sophie left it on the table and I jammed to some music as Sophie studied. Oh and Iggy took the scroll and ripped it apart. As Sophie screamed and tried to get it back I laughed and cheered Iggy on. When Sophie finally got it back she froze reading what was on the paper.

I walked over to her and also froze seeing it.

"In accordance with your request, adoption proceedings for Sophie Foster and (Y/N) Foster have been canceled."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1039 words

Well the chapter is finally out, hope you liked it! Yes finally a cliffhanger! The torture is back!

Eat real food, drink real water and get some real sleep or else Sophie will turn into a total bitch and take (Y/N) for granted and more!  

Good bye! 

~Sahiko