Chapter 26

(Y/N) was currently sneaking through the window of her room, trying to leave. Sophie had freaked the night before when she came home with a black eye and many other wounds. Even after she explained what had happened Sophie still wasn't very happy, although she did help her hide the wounds from their parents the next morning.

Anyway (Y/N) knew Sophie wouldn't let her go so she was trying to sneak out the window. She jumped down and landed in the bushes and was about to cheer for her escape when she saw Sophie casually leaning against the side of the house with crossed arms. She stared at her Lazily from above as (Y/N) huffed.

"So are we going or not?" Sophie asked and a look of confusion crossed her sister's face.

"Wait- you're not stopping me?"

"Of course not," Sophie said walked toward her, and gave her a hand to help her get up. "I might not approve of this whole illegal fighting ring thing but I know it's important to you so I won't stop you. Guess all I could do is be with you while you do the thing you love and if that means watching you almost die in a pointless ring battle then I guess that's what I'll do." She said smiling. When'd this get so mushy- (Y/N) took her hand and they started making their way to the dojo where Henry would take them to the ring.

Henry didn't even bat an eye at Sophie and merely told (Y/N) to give her her pass since she won't need it from now on. When they got there Sophie met and got to know Jack and their bartender friend Akahana, although they call her Aka. Aka was a quiet girl with long black hair and kind grey eyes. She always wore the usual bartender uniform except she wore tank top sleeves, her tattoo was of a snake going down her leg and it suited her. She was slippery and stealthy and when was quick and violent when attacking.

(Y/N) noticed that Max wasn't at the ring that night and felt worry fill her stomach but shoved it down quickly. She was supposed to hate her not worry about her. Anyway, they hung out for a little while with some people coming over to congratulate (Y/N) until the owner finally came out. He was a fairly young man for owning an illegal underground fighting ring. He wore dress pants and dress shoes with a velvet red button-up shirt. His hair was dark and messy with dark vibrant eyes. He looked like he was a young twenty-year-old.

"Hello, human beings," That's one way to address a crowd. " Usually we don't really say anything about the tattoo publicly like this but some of you- all of you- were very adamant about saying your reasoning for the certain tattoo. So here it is." Yeah (Y/N) definitely liked this guy, he was a living mood. " There was a fight between a serpent snake and a Phoenix, but for the same reason but after additional voting, it has been chosen. (Y/N), your tattoo as a member of the ring will be PHENIX!" He yelled and everyone cheered. " This specific animal was chosen because it represented her perfectly. She was strong, very exceptional but still came to her inevitable downfall. But she raised from her ashes," he winked at the pun but everyone stayed dead silent and he sweatdropped, "wow- and came back stronger, defeating her enemy with little trouble and coming out on top. That is why she will now and forever be known here in the ring as the Phenix!" And then everyone cheered, and he walked away muttering to himself.

Soon (Y/N) was approached by an older man, he had sharp features and was wearing the same foreign clothing as Henry.

"Ah, Michael!" Henry said giving the man a short hug.

"Hello, Henry."

"It's good to see you in good health."

"Same brother."

"Wait- BROTHER!!!" (Y/N) yelled at the two.

"Oh yeah, Kid this is my brother Michael. He's also the tattoo artist of the ring so he will be doing your tattoo." Henry informed her.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, sir."

"Why are you respectful to him yet constantly rude to everyone else?" Henry asked annoyed.

"Well he is the one making a permanent mark on my body, now isn't he?" (Y/N) snapped back and Michael laughed joyfully.

"You sure live up to the stories my brother has told me about you. But don't worry I won't mess up your official tattoo because your rude, but future ones on the other hand is another story."

"Alright, old man!" (Y/N) said giggling. Soon she was led to the tattoo corner and was sat in the comfy black leather chair. He waited a few seconds writing in his notebook, probably making a few last-minute edits to the design he chose.

"So how's this?" He said showing me a picture of an intricate design of a Phoenix with little wisps of flames coming off the wings and tail. it was perfect. I smiled at him with a thumbs up and he set to work. He started doing the tattoo while glancing at me a few times.

"Hmm, does it hurt?"

"Nope!"

"Well, then you sure are a lucky girl then. Most people are at least squirming or wincing."

"Not me! I can't feel pain!" She said proudly and he laughed softly as he continued on with her tattoo she just chatted with Henry and Sophie, sometimes Aka and Jack when they were on break. A few hours passed and soon it was getting to sunrise. The ring wasn't empty or anywhere close but the people did lessen significantly. Sophie was getting antsy, wanting to get home before their parents woke up. But luckily Michael finished soon after.

"Well take a look." (Y/N) got up and looked at her arm in the mirror, and it was perfect. For some reason being called Phoenix and having it represent her just felt right. It made her smile and a sense of belonging came over her. She was happy for once.

"Thank you so much, ugly old man!" She smiled at the man as he only deadpanned at her. How could she be so cute and grateful yet at the same time so rude?

Soon the twins rushed home and luckily evaded their parents' wrath needless to say (Y/N) wore sleeves from that day on in front of people. Although, her parents did find out about it eventually and were not happy. Wasn't a pretty day but we're not getting into that. They just assumed she got a tattoo artist to feel pity on her and do it for her. They saw how it made her happy so although they didn't like it they didn't try to get it removed.

~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

I shot up in bed, sweating and breathing heavily. Why had I dreamed of that? It's been so so long since then. I sat back and tried to go back to sleep but couldn't bring myself to. I sighed and just curled up into a ball diving back into happy memories. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1288 words

Ok flashbacks are finally done! Next chapter is where the real fun starts! 

One half of my brain : *rubs hands together evilly while giggling* 

The other half : I'm ready to sleep and never wake up. Maybe I can just not update for a while and torture the readers? *Thinks thoughtfully* 

Anyway eat food and drink water and please sleep. Or else Tam shall believe (Y/N) to be dead and leave her in the Neverseen base, stopping the whole entire story from continuing! 

Well good day/night, bye loves!! 

~Sahiko