Chapter 43 Eclipse: Letting the Spectrum In.

When we first came here

We were cold and we were clear

With no colors on our skin

We were light and paper-thin

"Now where are you going?" I sighed frustratingly and plopped down onto my - our bed.

Colton and I have been fighting for the past three weeks. It was either over something stupid or his little mood swings. At first I thought it was about the full moon that was coming up, but now I think its something else. He's been distant with not only me, but with the rest of my family. When he goes hunting, he doesn't come back until 5 am. Sometimes its later than that. We were fine until I asked him about his family and then he just . . .snapped.

My brothers, no scratch that, my whole entire family was not real happy with Colton. Of course Esme was trying not to snap, being who she was, but I could tell that even she was trying to hold back.  Carlisle was right there with her. It was weird seeing the two most innocent people that I knew act like that. Then again, they were my parents.

"I need to think! Don't bother to come and look for me!" He yanked the sliding window opened and jumped from the balcony.

"Ugh!" I stomped over to the window and slammed it shut and locked it. If he wanted to come back in he would have to use the front door like ever other grumpy man who leaves at night. He was so - so infuriating! Love wasn't suppose to be like this!

Heck, I knew Rosalie and Emmett fought, rarely I should say, but they did, and even they made up at the end of it. My relationship was nothing like theirs. It was full of tension that sometimes Jasper had to just leave. Jasper! The man with all the emotions, had to leave!

There was just to much fighting which ended up with me in a bad mood for a week and then all of a sudden Colton would come back and do something sweet for me, and I would forgive him. Everyday I felt guilty for making him leave his pack -his family for me. But then I would think, 'He had a chose, too.'

I just wished there was a way to find out about what was wrong. Edward tried reading his thoughts but to him they were all jumbled and full of depressing and angered thoughts. But that's not what he could've been thinking all the time, right?  I did my best to make him happy, I was trying. I was trying to make him feel like he was at home. Even though Rosalie hated him for putting our family in danger, she was at least trying to give him a shot. Rosalie of all people!

So why wasn't he trying? Why wasn't he doing his best? Why did he always run?

Light taps came from our - my  bedroom door. I cleared my throat and crossed my ankles, "Come in."

Rosalies' face peeked from behind it, her golden hair flowing over her left shoulder. A small smile appeared on her face as she waked in. "Hey. I heard the fighting . . .well, actually everyone did, but I volunteered to make sure you were okay." There was small pause before she clasped her hands together in front of her, "So, are you okay?"

Was I okay? I mean, my boyfriend/mate whatever you want to call, was being a total lunatic and a butthead. It was like he didn't care about my feelings or our relationship. What in the hell was happening?!

I sighed and patted the spot next to me on the bed. That was the other thing, Rosalie and I were also getting closer. So while y relationship was crashing it was somewhat helping my sisters and I's relationship. In a way, Colton was finally doing something. We talked about our past (mostly hers) and I listened. Sometimes when Colton and I fought, all of u girls would have a "girl day" and just do something all together, while my brothers tried planning the best way to beat Colton up without me knowing. Obviously, I found out and now, since I'm anger, I am kind of regretting them not go through with the plan. He's just so damn exasperating!