Chapter 48 The Truth.

Warning: A small, filler chapter ;) 

Authors note: I would usually apologize to you guys about the late update. But I can't. My family member has two types of cancer inside of her brain. I was at her house, cleaning and helping her out. I was making sure she was safe and she knew that someone was with her at all times. I love writing but I love my family more. I will still update, I'm just letting you know whats been going on. Thank you for sticking with this book. Love you guys!

After the talk Alice and I had, she finally got me to come home. I had asked for her to just open my window for me so I could just jump in my room and avoid everyone. I didn't want to see their disappointed faces, especially Carlisle. He wouldn't be happy about this. In fact, no one probably was. 

So now here I sat, inside of my room with the doors and windows locked. My family knew I was home, but they knew I wanted to be left alone. Again. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't forgive me, hell, I didn't forgive myself. The things I said was uncalled for. The things I did wasn't called for. 

I killed a human being. Someone who had no knowledge of the supernatural. Someone who probably had a regular life and had a 9-5 job. I escaped the grasps of Cole's pack. I made Colton betray his family. I did that. No one twisted my arm, it was all me. 

Colton hadn't come home, in fact if I could recall, he wasn't there when we were chasing Victoria. Why would he just disappear like that? He knew the risk everyone was in. So where was he? I snatched my phone off my end table and dialed his number. There was no connection, just a prolonging beeping sound. 

Alice was right. Something was going on. My mind had been made up, I was going to find out what was going on. Either he was with me or against me, and lately he hasn't been there for me or anyone of my family members. I placed my phone besides me and flung myself towards my closet, pulling out a leather jacket. 

Did it really have to come to this? With me sniffing out my mate because I. . . I don't trust him? I glanced towards the door. Should I tell my family? No. No I shouldn't. I already put them through too much. This was my mission, my problem, my mate, and it was time I learned the truth. 

Unlocking my window, I slowly placed both legs over the windowsill and with a slight push, I threw myself out the window. Landing perfectly and silently on my feet. A small smirk appeared on my face, "Still got it." I ran towards the woods, trying to remember where Alice told us to meet Victoria. It was hard to follow all the scents, considering this was our land, our scents were everywhere. My mind was set on the scenery. It was a small open pocket in the middle of the woods with very little vegetation. 

In two minutes I was able to find the area, thankfully I wasn't dumb as a box of rocks and could remember things. All of our scents were slowly fading as the rain began to wash it away. The wind shifted, blowing my mates scent towards me. He never ran with us. In fact, his scent ran a different way. 

"Did anyone follow you?" A feminine voice echoed through the trees. She didn't yell or talk loudly. It was a whisper. It was so low that even my hearing wasn't almost able to pick it up. My heart began to beat harder as the voice I had heard was recognizable. Victoria. She was out here. I could end this. I lightly jumped up to the trees and flew through them. She wasn't that far away. 

Finally I jumped through the last tree that I wanted to be in. The leaves that hung low with the branches provided coverage for me. A small snarl threatened to come out of my throat. Her long, red hair flowed through the wind. She paced back and forth. Her one hand coming up to comb through her hair. She was at the end of the border for us vampires. With one small jump she could be in werewolf territory. Why would she come back? 

"No." A man stepped out from a hollow tree. A man who I thought I knew. A man who I had slept with and introduced to my family. A man who saved me just to betray me. Colton. It was him . . but it wasn't. He looked evil - almost sinister. 

"Oh my, God." I mouthed in shock. He was working with Victoria. A women who wanted my family member dead. How could he? I thought he loved me! Instead he used me. Over and over, and over again. Tears began to form my eyes as the sting of betrayal ran through my mind. They were right. My family was right about him. I should have left him back with his pack.I should have killed him and his whole entire family. 

"Are you positive?" She voiced out. Did she know I was here? 

"Yes, V. Would you relax?" He rolled his eyes and folded his arms in annoyance. He leaned up against the tree and stared at his nails in boredom. "Why did you call me out here?" 

"I need to know that the plan is set. That the Cullens have no idea whats coming to them." 

"Psh." He scoffed as he pushed himself off the tree. He placed his hands into his leather pockets. "They won't even know what hits them. They'll be so blindsided by hatred and shock to think of a plan. So far, their only plan is one thing; protecting Bella from . . . well you." He chuckled. "You really screwed up today, btw." 

Victoria curled her upper lip in a snarl. "Watch your words, wolf. Just because you're working with me doesn't mean I won't kill you." 

Colton began to laugh, almost to the point of tears. "Vicky, you need me. Otherwise, I would have been already dead." He sobered up and placed his hand on her shoulder. "You need to relax. I've got this." His hand slowly trailed up her arm to her face. 

Her eyes closed, leaning her head into his hand. She sighed. Her eyes opened and If I didn't know any better, I would say she loved him. It was fake, of course. "I know. I just can't help but worry about you. You are so close to her and - and I can't lose you too." 

The love I had once held for him -Left. It was now replaced with hatred. He was planning a war against my family. He was working with a monster; a stupid girl who just wanted revenge for something she had control over. She could have convinced him to walk away, but instead she let him do whatever the hell he wanted too. She was to blame for James death.  If Colton wanted a war; he's got one. 

"Baby, nothing is going to happen to me." He leaned forward and placed his chapped lips onto hers. I pulled my hand forward and touched my own lips. Thinking about all the kisses we had shared. All the love bites. The words we had spoken to each other. She pushed him forward and with his back to a tree, they slowly fell onto the forest floor. Their clothes acting as a blanket for them. 

I looked away as their moans filled my ears. So, this was what was going on. He was a traitor. He didn't deserve to live, he didn't deserve to call me his "mate".  How was I gonna break this too my family? I needed to think this through. I need to think of a plan. To think more like Victoria. She strategized all of this. She thought of all the in's and outs. Plus with a insider she knew things we didn't want her too know. It was so easy for her to pick us off now. With a simple whisper into my ex's ear, he could kill us all. 

Their moans finally stopped and I turned back to see them both dressed. "I need to go back to the Cullens before they figure something is up with me disappearing 24/7."

"Of course, my love." She hummed. With a small peck, she threw him one last glance and took off. Leaving him all alone. Vulnerable to attack. To kill

I wanted to leap forward and tear his head off. I wanted to feel his blood on my body. But I had to be smart about this. I had to think of a way I could do this without Victoria catching wind of it. I knew she didn't really love him, that it was mostly for show. I had come to the realization that my "mate" betrayed not only me, but my family. He could kill us all. 

Colton scoffed and shook his head. He didn't run, he just walked casually back to the house. Like none of this was bothered him. Like nothing mattered. It was time for him to meet the hybrid.