Chapter 38 "Here we go."

The seven of us walked down the small stairs that held so many memories for me. It was hard not to think about it because of Edward. He was with his lover, I didn't want him to remember with me. This is happening. I never thought I would be in Volturi again, well . . I mean if I ever did something wrong then yeah, but I haven't. . I think.  Edward stares at me confusingly.

        Oh, crap. Out of my head perv! I thought at him. Purposely screaming it in my head. The corners of his lips twitch up but they are soon down. Hopefully Alice knows whats going to happen because I sure in hell don't. All I know is that I will protect my family, even if that means dying. Jane leads us down a narrow hallway. An elevator was now standing there. 

"Its good to know you stay with the times." I smirked at Jane. Even though she can probably put me on butt in zero seconds. I cant help but get under her skin. It makes everything more fun. She glared at me. She didn't use her powers on me but I sure felt the burn of her gaze. 

        We all get into the elevator and I let out a breath as the doors slowly closed. I was half expectation Christian Grey in front of the elevators as they closed but obviously though's thoughts aren't real. When I moved a little, Felix quickly grabbed my arm. I turned and glared at him. "Do you mind?" I ripped my arm out of his and pat down my shirt. "Your wrinkling it." I smiled at him. "Nice to see you too." I turned around and smirked. Okay, I was wrong. It was so much fun pissing all of them off, even though my siblings looked they wanted to kill me, amusement filled their eyes. Well mostly Alice. With Bella next to him, Edward is more . . . anxious, rigid, meaner, grumpier. 

        Its not like i'm making it out of here. My other siblings probably but, Marcus let me go a long time ago. Its not going to be easy convincing them again that i'm not a threat. Aro and Cauis will not listen to Marcus. Its clearly see-able. I turned my eyes towards Bella, kind of the only time I felt human. She must be so afraid, confused, fearful of what would happen next. She's walking into the unknown, heck we all are. But she's human. There's a big difference. She's only what, seventeen? She's got her whole life ahead of her. But you know what? I respect her. There's only so much you can put on the camels back till' it breaks and I haven't seen her break. Not once! She's good.

        The elevator finally stopped and the doors slowly opened up, leading to yet another narrow hallway, How can people come here and not suspect anything? Like do you really think your going for a tour? People have red eyes for crying out loud. There's rumors around Italy about vampires, you'd think that you'd have enough smarts to understand that its a trap. And honestly I've seen their "Trap" She's not that pretty. Then again she's part of the Volturi so there's probably that. 

        Two large, tall, golden doors, open up and revels my nightmares. Here I am, back at the same place. Aro, Cauis, and Marcus stare at us as we walk threw. Their eyes scan each and every one of our faces till' there eyes landed on me. Here we go. Aro's and Cauis's eyes burn with satisfaction, like they just won a prize. Marcus's, his eyes shown disappointment. In a way, he was kind of the first father figured I had. And I know I disappointed them. He risked his life for me, risked everything for me, and yet here I am, in front of him with a human that knows about us. 

        Aro practically dances forward and claps his hands together. "What a happy surprise!" He cheers out. Jane bumps my shoulder as she walks by and turns towards her brother; Alec. Great, their still here. I glared at her. She'll definitely get whats coming to her one day. "Bella is alive after all. Isn't that wonderful? I do love a happy ending." He grabs Edwards hands and stares straightly into my brothers eyes. Him and his tricky powers.

Bella looks so confused I carefully slithered up towards. "Aro can hear peoples thoughts, but only with the touch of his hands. Basically Edwards better then him." Many hisses echoed through the thrown room, startling Bella. I smirked at the sudden frustration the guard had. Alice gripped my arm in warning.

Aro snapped out of his gaze and licked his lips. "How extraordinary!" He exclaimed. " How can you be so close to her?" 

"Its not without difficulty." Edward stressed out. 

"I wonder." Aro tapped his fingers together. He finally held out a hand towards her. "May I, dear Bella?" Alice, Edward and I all tensed.  Why was he so interested in her? She's not a pawn in his stupid little game. Bella looked at Edward for confirmation. He silently nodded. If he had a choice she wouldn't be near Aro at all. But it wasn't his choice at this point it was all up to Aro's decision. If he didn't let us go, we'd fight our way out of here. It'd be tough, but i'd hulk out if I had too. 

        Bella slowly lowered her hand and into his. Aro leaned forward, his forehead crunching up. Can he hear her thoughts? Is it working? Aro looked at her in awe. "Marvelous! How, Extraordinary. I can not here her thoughts." This brings shock into me. What? Aro cant hear here? How? Aro walked backwards and cocked his head to the side. "I wonder if. . . lets us see is she's immune to all our powers. Shall we Jane?"  Is he crazy!?

"NO!" Edward growled. 

        Before any of us knew it, Jane uttered one word. "Pain." At the moment my brother went rigid, I knew we lost him in his own suffering. I felt that pain before. It wont happen again. Edward finally fell from the pain. Alice and I went both to his aid. I clutched his hand into mine, hopefully giving him some comfort that we where both here for him. Jane better keep a muzzle on her lips, because the next thing she'll be doing with her lips is screaming, as I tear here limb from limb. 

"Stop it! Please!" Bella begged. 

"Aro." I growled. 

For the second time he looked at me. His eyes searched into mine. Its funny, he claims he's not afraid of me but at a simple request he flew up a hand. "Jane." 

She finally stopped causing my brother pain and looked at him. "Yes, master?" 

        My brother gasped for air, finally free of the depths of the pain. "Go ahead my dear." Aro gestured to Bella. There where two things I could've done; attack Jane and probably die, or let her do what she does and let us all live. While I was pondering this, I realized Jane was trying to cause pain to her. But Bella stood tall, not even a flinch. "I'll be damned." I whispered. She really is something special and i'm glad I can call her my sister. Jane's calm and collected face is now masked with confusion and anger, she goes to step forward, but Aro claps making her snap out of her gaze. Alice and I share a glance. I know she knows what I am going to do, but I got to do it. 

"Absolutely marvelous!" Aro croons. "What to do with you know?" I stand up slowly and walk backwards to Bella, shielding her with my body.  

"She knows to much." Cauis growled from his seat. "She's a liability."

I almost thought of saying,'How about I tear you neck off and watch the dust flow out?' But decided against it. Okay here we go Emily. Think back to your training days with your father, mother, and your two brothers, who are waiting for you at home. 

Aro sighed unhappily. "That's true. Felix." 

Edward is up before Felix can reach Bella. Alice guards Bella as I block Demetri. I smirk as he growls. My hand comes up and clenches in a fist, which I throw back and lunge into his face. "Hello, love." I said sarcastically. He throws his fist up as I quickly ran behind him and pushed him forward. I growled, my eyes glowing, he gets up and brushes himself off. He runs at me and throws his leg up, I block and throw my arm out, he grabs it and twists it. I used my pain in order for me to flip in the air, making me fall behind him. As I try to get my arm around him, he grabs my arm and pulls me forward sinking his teeth into my throat. And for the first time I am in absolute shock and I scream as I feel the venom in my veins. It was like I was being tortured . . . all over again.