Chapter 49. The miscommunication.

As I sat in the back of my brothers Volvo, last nights memories surged through my mind. Colton didn't come home that night, which made my mind wander to what he was just planning. I should warn my family, I should warn them of him but the anger that brewed inside of me made me what to handle this on my own.  I had too. This was all me.

"I still don't see why you want me to stay away from Jacob." Bella's firm but gentle voice brought me out of my daze.

 I sighed and glanced out the window as she brought up the subject once again. Trees flew by quickly as Edward sped to get to School. Its not like we were late, I guess he just wanted to get there. It was good to see the both of them again, especially my brother. He was only home for a little bit and then before he could say anything, Bella began to talk. Its not like I didn't like her, it's just . . . I wanted to spend time with my brother and he's always with his pet. 

"We talked about this, Bella." My brother spoke softly. No matter what he says to her, he never rose his voice. I think it was just me he did that too. "He's a wolf. You have no idea the dangers they can put you in." 

I rolled my eyes and sprung forward, placing my head in between the seats. I glanced between the two of them, "Yeah because hanging around and dating a vampire has no dangers what so ever. But ya know, I'm only a hybrid  - part wolf, part vampire, what would I know?" I pushed myself backwards and huffed as my back hit the backseat. 

Edward glared at me through the rear view mirror, his hands tightening on the wheel. "Thanks Em." 

"Anytime, Edwardo. No need to thank me." I said with a smirk. He needed to get over this "wolf thing". Jacob would never hurt Bella. Edward was just all about control. He would probably freak if she felt a sharp pain in her side while she was on her period. Edward overreacts with her. She was still human and needed friends. Even if they were wolves. "You really want to know my opinion?" 

"No." "Yes." Both Edward and Bella answered at the same time. 

I refrained myself from rolling my eyes again as they shot each other a small smile. They were too sappy. "Well too bad, I'm gonna tell you anyway." I said as a matter-of-factly. "Edward, I feel like you should compromise with Bella here on this one. She was his friend way before you came along and no matter what you say, she is still a human being, you can't tell her what to do. You can't control her, even if you are her boyfriend/thing. Bella, I feel like you should cut Edward some slack here. You are his one and only; his mate, his blood singer. You're piratically one of a kind and mates don't come in a vamps life very often. Most them spend their pathetic life alone and drink blood of your kind. So of course my big brother is gonna be protective of ya. He's a Cullen, he's stubborn. You two think about that." 

They both sat quietly in the front seat, I'm guessing they both listened to what I had to say and was pondering on about it. Hmm, guess I should have done that earlier. Probably would have saved myself a lot of time and it probably would have saved myself from getting all of these headaches.

"Did you at least have a good time?" Edward asked Bella as we pulled into Forks HighSchool parking lot. He pulled into a spot with ease and shut off his vehicle. 

"Yeah. It was a lot of fun. I just wish we could have stayed a little longer." She said as she pulled her feet up to her chest.

 'Humans'. I thought to myself while I shook my head silently. 'They never realize the simple moments in life mean the most.' Having Bella visit her mother while we hunted Victoria was a win-win situation. My blood began to boil at the mere thought of the red head vamp. It only made me think of Colton. Which didn't help matters either. 

"If I asked you to stay in the car, would you?" Edwards voice was no longer soft. It sounded almost angry. What had upset him so quickly and where did that even come from?