Chapter 46. The Race.

The sound of the birds chirping immediately snapped me out of my slumber. My eyes adjusted to the light around the room. It was . . .it was my room. Well me and Coles room. The blinds were opened wide, the slight breeze came in through the window. How did I get in here? It was still somewhat daylight outside and I was already dressed in PJ's and in bed. Did I go to school? Yes. Yes I remember going to school but after that it was all fuzzy. 

"Good morning, Sleeping beauty." Colton's voice whispered besides me. I jumped as images came flashing back to me. He came back. He was here. 

"Colton." I said happily while rolling over to my side. He threw an arm over and smiled. God, did I miss that smile. "Do you mind telling me how I got into my PJ's? I seem to forget." 

He chuckled as if there was some sort of inside joke I didn't know about. "You don't remember?" I shook my head my hair falling in front of my eyes. He quickly caressed the side of my face and pushed away the hair behind my ear. "All we did was talk and walk around in the meadow. While I was telling you how much I loved you, you fell asleep in my lap. It started to rain so without waking you, I brought you back home." 

"Well aren't you my Knight and Shinning armor." I smiled happily at him. What did I do to deserve a man like him? He really was my one and only. "You're not leaving, right Cole?" I murmured as I placed my head onto his bare chest. 

"No, Emily." He answered honestly as I listened to his heartbeat. "I'm not leaving anytime soon." I smiled wider as he placed a kiss on the back of my head. "Your family wasn't to happy to see me though." 

My smile immediately turned into a frown. "I'm sorry Colton. Do you want me to maybe talk to them? Make them understand?" That wasn't fair of them. They should be a tad bit more understanding with my mate. Edward left for almost a year and Bella forgave him with a snap of a finger. Why didn't they like my Colton? 

"No, it's okay. We all talked it out and even though some of them are still mad they said they were happy to have me back. Esme made me some food, theres some left over in the fridge if you'd like some." 

"Maybe later. I kind of don't want to move right now." I will admit that I love the way I felt right now. I felt loved and yes he did leave but he came back and that was that mattered. I would love this man to the ends of this earth and I think he knew that. 

"Yeah." Colton agreed. His other arm then wrapped around me and pulled me in close. "Oh by the way, I didn't want to wake you and neither did Edward but he and Bella went on a small vacation." 

My eyes that were starting to close snapped open. "Wait, what?" I turned my head to look at him in surprise. Why would they do that? Did Edward change his mind and they went to go change Bella? . . .No that couldn't be it. He would never. Would he? 

"They went to go visit Bella's mother. I guess your family bought her two plane tickets and she wanted Edward to go." He said with a nonchalant shrug. 

I turned my head back and laid it on his chest. Edward and I were close, why wouldn't he want to say goodbye before he left. "Did he at least text me?" 

"I think so. Your phones been blowing up actually. But you should get some rest." He began to snuggle close to me and I knew I was gonna sleep for a while. 

"Why?" It seemed like I had been asleep for two days. "Its still daylight." 

"Yeah but, okay I didn't want to worry you but please just relax and stay calm, okay?" I nodded my head as I tried to control my erratic heartbeat. What happened? Is Edward and Bella okay? Was it my family members? Were they hurt? "Remember in the cafeteria were Alice had the vision. Well the real reason Edward left with Bella is because Victoria was - is coming tonight. Your family is resting because they know whats a head of them."