Chapter 23 Emmett and the bear (short chapter)

Everything belongs to Stephanie Meyer all rights too. Except my own characters

Song-Sparrow- piano music

Picture- Emmett and a bear

Thank you all for the votes and comments

I enjoy reading them.

I really appreciate it, thank you guys

(No hate messages) Only constructive criticism. please and thank you!

Enjoy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(PLAY MUSIC)

I was surprised to find a strange kinship growing between Bella and Emmett. It probably had to do with how they had both been loved-and loved in return- while they were human, though briefly for Emmett. Only Emmett and I remembered. Emmett and Bella spoke of it for the first time, as the four of us lounged on the light sofas of the front room, Emmett quietly regaling Bella with memories that were better than fairy tales while Edward concentrated on the food network - he'd decided that he needed to learn how to cook, that will be very interesting. His brow furrowed as the celebrity Chef flavored yet another dish according to taste. I smiled while I saw Bella repress a smile. I turned my attention back to Emmett and his story. Even thought I have heard it, I still want to hear it again.

"He was finished playing with me then and I knew I was about to die," Emmett remembered softly, winding up the tale of his human years with the story of the bear. Edward paid no attention to us. "I couldn't move and my consciousness was slipping away, when I heard what I thought was another bear, and a fight - over witch would get my carcass I suppose. Suddenly it felt like I was flying. I figured I'd died, but I tried to open my eyes anyway. And then I saw her - " His face was incredulous at the memory. "And I knew I was dead. I didn't even mind the pain. I fought to keep my eyelids open - I didn't want to miss one second of the angels face. I was delirious, of course, wondering why we hadn't gotten to heaven yet, thinking it must be farther away than I'd expected. I kept waiting for her to take flight. And she brought me to God and another angel." He laughed his deep booming laugh.

"I am an angel" I told him sticking my tongue out at him. He scoffed. While Edward shook his head, Bella smiled at our sibling fight.

"I thought what happened next was my judgment. I'd had a little to much fun in my 20 human years, so I wasn't surprised by the fires of hell" He laughed again, Bella shivered; Edward must of felt it because he wrapped his arm around her. " What surprised me was that the angels didn't leave. I couldn't understand how something so beautiful would be allowed to stay in hell with me - but I was grateful. Every time God or the other angel came to check on me, I was afraid they would take her away, but they never did. I remember one time the pain was to much and the other angel started to sing a melody. It was beautiful. It calmed me down, and my angel said thank you to her.  I started to think maybe those preachers who talked about a merciful God might have been right after all. And then the pain went away . .. . and they explained things to me.

"They were surprised at how little disturbed I was over the vampire issue. But if Carlisle, Emily, Edward, Rosalie: My angel, were vampires hoe bad could it be?" Bella nodded, agreeing as he continued. "I had a bit more trouble with the rules. . . "He chuckled. " You two had your hands full with me at first, didn't you?" Emmett's playful nudge to Edwards shoulder sent him and Bella both rocking.

Edward snarled without looking away from the T-V. I rolled my eyes. Men.

"So you see hell's not so bad if you get to keep an angel with you." He assured Bella mischievously. "When he gets around to accepting the inevitable, you'll be fine".

Edwards fist moved so swiftly I'm sure Bella didn't see what knocked Emmett sprawling over the back couch. Edwards eyes never left the screen. I laughed.

"Edward!" Bella scolded, horrified. I giggled.

"Don't worry about it Bella: Emmett was unruffled back in his seat. "I know were to find him." He looked over Bella towards Edwards profile. " You'll have to put her down sometimes," He threatened. Edward snarled in response without looking up.

"Boys ! " Mom's reproving voice called sharply down the stairs. I laughed.