I'll Follow You, Always: Part One

I swear I'm writing other ships.

Au: Rejoined Mafia Dazai, Mafia/traitor Atsushi

Ship: Atsushi x Dazai

Dazai's POV
——————————
I stood in front of the tall building. What an interesting turn of events. After turning down his offer so many times, I ended up taking it. I looked at my reflection in some metal pole. I didn't look quite the same as I did years ago, mostly because I burned that jacket. Now I have a new jacket, black and draped over my shoulders just like the old one. Plain white dress shirt and slim black pants. Perfect attire for the job I'm returning to. Perfect for the Port Mafia.

Atsushi's POV
———————————
I stared blankly at the yellow, square sticky note. It was attached to the familiar tan coat. When I returned to my and Kyouka's place, I was met by Dazai's coat laying on my futon. A note saying that he had returned to the Mafia permanently. I wanted to think it was a joke. However, recently Dazai had been more distant. He took less jobs and didn't hang out with people. It's like...he was trying to let us down slowly. He knew this was coming and didn't want us to feel to bad. I clenched my fists, my mind racing. What should I do? I know what I want to do. But that would mean turning against my friends. What if Dazai got mad at me for doing it? What then? If I did it, I couldn't just leave. I'd have to stay there till I died. I took in a breath, making up my mind.

The heavy rain smacking down on the pavement as I made my way to the building, holding the tan coat close to my chest. I had to go through some documents to find the address of this place. I've never been here before. As I approached people in black suits, holding shiny guns stiffened. I wonder if they recognize me as a member of the Armed Detective Agency. I raised my hands in surrender. "Excuse me...I'm here to see the boss of the Port Mafia if I can." I blurted out. Maybe Dazai's suicidal nature is starting to rub off on me. After all, coming to the Port Mafia headquarters as a member of the ADA can be akin to suicide. The two looked at each other before one pulled out a phone. I was far enough away with the loud rain that I couldn't make out all that they said. Something about a were-tiger (that being me) and not being sure of what to do. When they ended the call they nodded at the other guard before the two ushered me inside. I stood in the building for a moment, unsure of where to go. It wasn't long before a young ginger wearing a green coat came in. I've seen him before. "Oh, hi...what's your name again?" I ask, trying to be friendly. I don't want them to think I'm here to cause trouble. The guy smiled. "I'm Michizo Tachihara...and you are the were-tiger from the ADA." He said. I nodded. "It's nice to meet you Tachihara. I'm Atsushi Nakajima. I'm here to see your boss if that's okay." I said, making a quick by deep bow. He hummed. "Well, I'm actually here to take you to him...did you know Dazai is back in the Mafia?" His sudden question caught me off guard. I looked down. "Ah well...yes." I responded in a whisper. He chuckles. "If you're here to convince him to come back, I doubt that'll go well." He informed. I shake my head. "No, that's not why I'm here." I said in return. He sighed. "Alright then, let's go."

The halls were long and dark. We did take the elevator, thankfully. It would have sucked going up the stairs considering the bosses office is apparently on the top floor. I suppose that makes sense, if makes it less likely for people to get to him up here. I stuck close to Tachihara. He seemed trustworthy.

When we approached the door Tachihara lifted his fist to knock but before he could a voice called, "come in." It send shivers down my spine, but then I noticed the camera in the corner of the hall. Right, the boss would have access to the cameras. We entered. The man sitting at the desk had short black hair, about chin-length. He wore black like most of the mafia. Along with white gloves and a red scarf draped over his shoulders. I straightened up. This is the first time I've met this man, Ougai Mori, the boss of the Port Mafia. Mori looked up. "Tachihara, leave us." He said. Tachihara nodded, quickly retreating out the door.