We're Stars And We're Beautiful

Au: Extra Angsty Poe

Ship: Ranpoe

:(

I was going to say something encouraging but then I couldn't think of anything decent to say.

So instead I will tell you to watch Fruits Basket if you can because that anime has some very deep stuff. + it's really good. 10/10.

-

Poe walked into the bathroom for his morning routine. Or rather his 'before meeting Ranpo routine'.

Poe did not often pay attention to his personal hygiene as he rarely left his house(while traveling with the Guild on the Moby Dick it was either his office or the room they provided him that he rarely left).

He was still settling into the house he bought in Yokohama, just on the outskirts of the city where the plots of land were bigger.

Actually, he was currently living in a small mansion.

It wasn't lavishly decorated per-say. Rather it was quite dreary.

Candles and lanterns lit the building. The furniture was of dark stained woods. Most accents were either black or purple. His favorite colors. He didn't care to clean so there was dust everywhere and cobwebs.

It was almost like an abandoned, haunted house.

The shelves were filled with weird and/or creepy nicknacks that he bought on whims. He even had a small library where he kept all of the books he wrote.

Dark curtains covered windows and mirrors.

Speaking of which.

Poe froze when he entered the bathroom, his eyes instantly drawn to the sight of the thick curtain that covered the mirror on the counter rather then covering the horrid glass.

Poe snapped out of the shock and rushed to put the curtain back up, trying not to look in the mirror.

Of course, Poe did catch a glimpse right as he finished putting the curtain up.

He cringed at the sight of his own reflection.

He looked horrible, as always.

He sighed, looking away from the now covered mirror. He felt his heart beat in his chest.

He only kept those horrid reflective monsters around in the case of visitors so people wouldn't think he was some vampire for not having mirrors.

He always hated how he looked.

He tried to cover his face with his hair which seemed to work mostly as he didn't have people snickering about how ugly he was anymore. At least, not while he was present.

Just like a lot of people. Edgar Allan Poe was bullied in school.

Most of the time, it was for the looks of his face or his obsession with mystery novels. Then, when he accidentally used his ability on one of his classmates, people became scared of him.

They no longer bullied him straight to his face. Instead talking in hushed whispers while he was around.

The boy he used his ability on was quite shaken up. It wasn't one of Poe's best works, he was still a kid after all. But, it was more blood then that boy had ever seen before.

Poe's parents took away all of his works and burned them. Afterwards denying him access to stationary.

The day Poe turned eighteen was the best day of his life. He got to work on his novels right away.