I Forgot My Name Again

I saw this a couple times on YouTube(Gacha). Idk if it originates from something in particular besides the song.

Au: Experiment Atsushi but not much different from canon as well.

I actually have a more detailed and different version of this Au in the drafts that I will eventually get out.

Maybe 🤔.

Ship: Bestie vibes only. Literally.

Chuuya on his period fr 😨 if you understand after reading, then you understand. Yes.

More crack then angst.

Summary: It happened on several occasions, only when it was brought up did they really begin to worry.

-

"Atsushi!"

"Atsushi!"

"Atsushi!"

"Atsushi?!"

"Hey!"

"Atsushi!"

As Tanizaki approached his junior, calling out his name...the boy didn't respond until Tanizaki finally reached him. The boy was facing away so didn't see his senior.

Atsushi flinched when a hand touched his shoulder.

He turned to face his ginger haired friend.

"Oh! Hey Tanizaki."

Tanizaki's brows furrowed in concern. "Hey, are you alright? I was calling for you. You didn't respond." He questioned, genuinely worried about his friend.

Atsushi blinked in surprise, unaware of this. "Oh...did you not call me by my name or something? Maybe that's it?" He suggested.

Tanizaki frowned. "Atsushi...I definitely called your name..."

'Who's Atsushi?'

'Oh, wait.'

'That's me.'

"Oh my bad. I mustn't have heard you then. I'm sorry, won't happen again." The weretiger apologized with a bow.

All was forgiven.

-

"At~Su~Shi~"

The name was purred right next to the person it referred to, yet that person did not respond.

Dazai, renowned suicidal waste of bandages, pouted.

"At~Su~Shi~"

He tried again.

No response.

Dazai frowned for a split second. Then his smile returned just as soon as it left.

He put a hand on his mentees shoulder.

"At~Su~Shi~! It's impolite to ignore your mentor!" He whined.

The weretiger looked up at him, a confused expression on his face.

"Atsushi?"

He repeated his own name in a questioning tone, as if it was a random nickname his mentor came up with.

Dazai moved his hands to rest on his hips. "Well that is your name silly. Are you getting enough sleep, maybe you should rest?" He said with a twinge of concern.

Atsushi blinked, processing this information.

'I forgot my name again.'

"Sorry Dazai...maybe I should rest. After a finish this paperwork at least." He said.