You're Not A Bother

Ship: Ranpo x Poe

Au: Canon divergent?

Warning: Nothing happens but Poe does start sounding a lil Suicidal here. Figured I'd put a warning for that just in case since it's unexpected coming from second-best boi.

I wrote most of this in the middle of the night.

Also. Bet you thought this would be an Atsushi fan-fiction.

Also also. Just got caught up on Owl House and oh my gosh I am crying. Also I am scared of the dark and I stay up late at when at my nana's which is where I am. They done cover their windows so I tend to get very paranoid at night. So after seeing Belos and a certain spooky scene in episode one of season three which I will not spoil, I am very spooked right now and I'm worried I'll have nightmares if I go to sleep now. TvT

-

Poe felt trapped.

He couldn't leave his apartment.

He couldn't call or text anyone.

He could barely bring himself to eat and drink.

He could not hold Karl.

He could not write.

He could not get out of bed.

He could barely sleep.

He was left like this for over a week.

Despite staying in bed all day, Poe barely got any sleep. Normally Karl would help in times of emotional distress, but for some reason Poe could not bring himself to hold the Raccoon.

Everything was wrong. He was supposed to be writing his latest novel for Ranpo, one that was sure to best the greatest detective.

Oh but who was he kidding?

Poe would never best Ranpo. He knows that.

Maybe that's why Poe felt this way.

Maybe he just finally gave up.

Honestly. All he does with his life now is write novels for Ranpo.

So if he gave up on challenging Ranpo, then what did he have to live for?

Poe shook the thought away.

It didn't matter as he decided that he had, in fact, not yet given up on reaching his impossible goal.

Poe did not move when Karl jumped up on the bed, cereal bar in his mouth.

Poe did not smile fondly at the sight of the Raccoon as he usually did.

Karl dropped the bar on the bed but Poe did not feel like taking it at that moment.

He was not hungry.

That's a lie.

He's starving.

Yet he can't bring himself to eat.

-

Poe stared at the ceiling, lost in his thoughts that darted from one thing to another.

From ideas ok how to best Ranpo, to predictions of a future in which he did beat Ranpo, to thoughts of how he would feel if Ranpo left him.

What if Ranpo got bored of him? Would he throw Poe away?

Poe hoped not.

Poe sighed, a quite sound.

His stomach grumbled and he took that as a sign to eat something.

He took the cereal bar and unwrapped it with shaker hands.