CHAPTER NINE

Monday, May 16, 2016
A ME-RO Store
13 weeks...

"Aren't we done yet?" Lexi asked from her spot on the podium where she was being fitted.

"Unless you want Trey to find out your secret, suck it up," Melissa muttered, blowing her gum out and winking at her before going back to the magazine she was so engrossed in. Lexi glowered at her.

"I'm starving," Lexi complained, as the dress was taken off. She yawned with a lazy stretch, "And sleepy." She stood in just her bra and panties, rubbing her bump.

She was about to say more but cut herself off when she heard loud male voices outside their private room. "Stop it—both of you," a voice that sounded much like Trey said. They all made eye contact for a second before realizing it was the boys.

"Oh," they whispered in unison before everyone sprang into action. It all happened so quickly.

Lexi being pushed into a curtained dressing room, Melissa dropping her magazine to pick up the dress Lexi wore to the place, Sierra looking around to find the second shoe—It was pure chaos.

When she finally found the shoe, she chucked it through a space in the curtain, grimacing when Lexi yelled in pain and began cursing up a storm. "Sorry!"

"What are you guys doing here?" Melissa asked, crossing her arms over her breasts.

"Chill," Jason mumbled as Lexi was pulling the dress over her head. She could imagine him raising his hands in surrender. She smiled. Theirs was a psychotic group of people. "I'm only here to see my fiancée."

She put on her shoes and stepped out from behind the curtain. Jace smiled when he spotted her, letting go of Sierra to hug her. "How are you feeling? Are the babies okay?" he asked in a whisper.

"Might as well tell me I look awful while you're at it," she grumbled, burying her face in his shoulder as she hugged him back. He let out a quiet chuckle, squeezing her a bit more.

"For once, you don't look terrible to me, so you'll be fine," he muttered, loosening his hold on her when he felt Trey bore holes in the back of his head. He pulled away and ruffled her hair, earning himself a glare from Lexi.

"Aren't you worried that your man has been hugging another woman this long?" A high voice asked, ruining the moment. It was a voice Lexi could never forget—Nicolysse Park, Trey's perfect ex-girlfriend.

"I trust my man," Sierra spoke up, shrugging nonchalantly.

"Thanks for the vote of faith." Jason Sierra into him, casting a smug smile in Nicolysse's direction.

"Well Sierra," Nicolysse spat, seating herself on the couch while everyone else stood, "I wouldn't put anything past a whore if I were you."

"That. is. it," Melissa growled, charging towards her. Tony held her back. "Tell her she's not wanted here," Melissa spat, vibrating with anger.

"Just because you paid for this private room doesn't mean you own it now. I can just ask Trey to buy off this whole section at a higher price and you'll be the ones to get kicked out," Nicolysse said in a haughty tone.

"Unlike you, who just spends her parents' money, I work for mine. I own the whole shop and can have you thrown out."

"She's going nowhere." All heads turned to Trey who hadn't uttered a word upon entry.

"Excuse me?" Melissa and Sierra asked in unison.

"I said, she is going nowhere. She leaves, I leave too. So, if you want me as your best man, leave her alone."