EPILOGUE

Saturday, August 18, 2018
Tony's Private Beach

Seeing the love of his life and the mother of his children walk down the aisle toward him — again — on Andrew's arm felt surreal, and tears began welling up in Trey's eyes.

They'd already been married once—with Tony having walked her down the aisle back then—but this time felt different.

The first time, they had married because she was pregnant. But now, as he gazed at her approaching, he saw not just a wife but a best friend, someone he knew intimately, and someone he was eager to spend eternity with.

Lexi was in a simple white knee-length dress, clutching a beautiful bouquet of lilies, which had become Winslet's favorite flowers. Rhett, on the other hand, couldn't be bothered to pick a favorite, enjoying them all and often gifting them to the girls alongside Trey. He'd agreed to lilies for Lexi's bouquet too.

Trey wiped at his eyes before taking Lexi's hand from his father's. Then he smiled down at her, not missing the blush that colored her cheeks. Leaning in to whisper in her ear, he said, "You look absolutely beautiful."

When she looked at him, he added, "I'm not saying this just to be kind. I genuinely believe you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and you always will be. Never forget that." She nodded, flashing him a loving smile.

Since they had been married once before, they had decided to renew their vows in an intimate ceremony with family and a few close friends on Tony's private beach.

The officiant began the ceremony, stating, "We are gathered here today to witness the renewal of vows for this couple. Let's proceed to hear their vows." Turning to Trey and Lexi, he asked, "Who would like to go first?"

"I will," Lexi whispered. "I don't want to forget anything." A few chuckles rippled through the crowd, well aware of her forgetfulness. She continued, "Our journey together has been filled with ups and downs, but it's been an adventure.

"If someone had told me years ago that I'd become a mother to the children of this former playboy, I would've thought they were crazy." She paused, then got a bit more serious. "I don't think I ever truly understood the depth of love until I met you.

"Every guy I dated before was either too smothering or, as we all saw, rather possessive. But you loved me with a strength and resilience I never knew existed. You loved me even when we lost our child, which had been our only connection.

"And despite your mistakes, you came back to love me even more. I tried to imagine a future without you, but I couldn't. And when I finally saw how it could be without you, I didn't like it one bit."

She passed her bouquet to Sierra so she could hold Trey's hands. "So, I'm asking you to let me be by your side for as long as life allows, and I promise to do my best to be there and love you, both as your wife and as a friend. Let me love you for as long as I live, and I'll ensure you never regret it."

Standing on tiptoes, she pressed a chaste kiss to his cheek, and he closed his eyes, allowing his tears to flow, revealing how much she meant to him. It was strange how she was both his strength and his weakness. "Now it's your turn."

Trey took a deep breath, wiping his face as he began, ignoring the coos from the crowd. "What can I say?" He tilted his head for a moment, then looked back at her. "Who am I to want your love? How am I still receiving it after everything I've put you through?

"I was convincing myself just this morning that it might be best for you to leave me. In an ideal world, I should be setting you free. But, love," he said, cupping her cheeks, "I'm selfish. I would hold onto you through any means because I want you so badly. I would chase after you to prove my love.