CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Monday, June 20th, 2016

Trey's Security Base

"Sir," a man said, grabbing Trey, Mitchell and Billy's attention. He stepped forward with a tablet. "He made his first move."

Trey saw the video and closed it, angry. Then he turned to Billy. "Is there any way to pull them down? Do you have personnel who can?"

"On it," Billy responded, stepping away from them, the young man following. They watched Billy bark orders at the team to get all hands on deck.

Dustin popped out of nowhere saying, "I've been able to gather the names of the sites who posted the video."

"This fast?" Mitchell muttered. "Man, that's impressive."

Dustin smiled briefly and handed the list to them. "Most of them are small upcoming sites who want to make a big break. I'm sure the team can hack into those. This is the list of the bigger companies who have uploaded it with tacky headlines."

"And this is their big break?" Trey snarled at no one in particular. Dustin cast a disgruntled look at Mitchell. He'd said that about 10 seconds ago. "I need to make some calls. I'll be right back."

They watched him stomp away, pulling out his phone with such strength. "I'm worried about the phone."

Dustin huffed with surprise, wondering just how... "Aren't you worried about your friend, sir? You're worried about the phone in his grasp?"

Mitchell waved it off, turning to face Dustin. "He'll be fine. But you're right. We should worry about whoever is going to be on the other end of the call, not the phone."

Dustin nodded with a wry smile. "We'll work on taking down the videos," he said, walking away to work. "Oh," he said, returning to Mitchell who looked up to acknowledge him.

"I was able to find someone in Matthews' past that could be who Ethan has over him. Do you think I should wait for the others before I divulge that piece of information?" Dustin asked tentatively.

"Uh..." Mitch mumbled, looking at Trey yelling into his phone at the end of the corridor, then at Billy who was marching around, making sure everyone was doing what they could to bring down the videos. "I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I'll tell them later."

"Alright," Dustin agreed, edging closer. "He has a daughter, and believe it or not, he loved her a lot. Of course, his daughter is grown up and living her life, but maybe... maybe, Ethan is threatening Leander's daughter. We won't know for sure till we get hands on Leander himself."

Mitch stood, processing the information. "I'll see what I can gather about Leander's whereabouts."

"Sure."

Patting his shoulder twice, Mitchell turned, going towards Trey. His phone rang and upon seeing who it was, he hurried to answer. "Hey."

"Are you coming home for dinner today?" Sam asked, not bothering with pleasantries.

Mitch looked around at the chaos that had ensued because Ethan was messing with his friend's wife. If today went well, then yes, he could. But he knew he had to make time for Samantha and the baby—no ifs.

"Mitch? Will you or will you not?" Sam said, sounding frustrated. "Because I'm pregnant and I still have to stand on my feet and cook, only for you to tell me you've already eaten. I need an answer."

Mitch sighed, then smiled. "I'll be home early today.—"

"Okay good."

"And put your feet up, love. We'll order takeout."