CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Monday, June 20th, 2016
Trey's Security Base
19 weeks...

The girl behind the desk paged Billy, telling them the device was on and in use.

"Huh?" Lexi asked back, the same moment Trey, Billy and Mitchell got to her, putting on headphones.

"Tell me what happened," Mel requested in a high voice which had Trey giving Mitch a look. She was nervous, he realized.

"What on earth are you talking about?" Lexi asked exasperated. "Get to the point."

"She might shut Melissa out if she goes on like this," Trey muttered.

"—you're glowing. You've been on cloud nine since you came back from your 'talk' with my brother two nights ago."

"Why'd you say talk like that?" Lexi questioned.

"Well, it's because there's no way of knowing if you two actually talked. So I'm asking, did you talk or take a roll in the hay?"

"Oh my God," Trey muttered, burying his face in his hands.

"What?!" Lexi blurted out in shock. Billy respectfully took off his headphones.

Mitch smiled. "You wanted Melissa to go straight to the point. That's what she's doing."

"... there's nothing wrong with you—" Trey's mouth thinned.

"Will you ever get a filter?" Lexi muttered with a resigned sigh. "And his being my husband means I love him. We make love, not—" Trey's eyes went wide. Did she just say— "How is this relevant?"

"So you did have sex with him," Melissa said.

"No, I did not."

"You looked so flustered when you came back," Melissa pressed. "And just yesterday, when he arrived at the lobby, something passed between you two.

"You blushed and he also gave a tiny smile. I was waiting for you to bring it up, but since you haven't, I'm asking as the nosey best friend that I am. What exactly happened?"

Lexi sighed. "Nothing happened. We just talked through a few things. We still have more to talk about because he knows I'm pregnant. What is your problem?" Lexi mumbled. 

Trey's thoughts exactly.

Melissa said gleefully. "Just want to know what he did. Did he touch you in places?"

"Melissa—"

Trey cursed under his breath, glaring at a smiling Mitch. "If she weren't doing it to help, I'd kill her myself."

"If you don't tell me, I'm going to have to keep guessing. Did he actually do it outside?" Melissa asked. "That would be horribly—"

"Stop!" Lexi blurted out. Trey wanted to strangle his sister. "He only kissed me okay, and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. So, drop it."

"He kissed you. And you let him?"

"I was... shocked. So, I didn't do anything. I let him kiss me," Lexi said simply.

"And then what happened?"

"And then," Lexi growled, "I left. Nothing. happened. Where'd you even come up with all these crazy ideas?" Mitch snorted, earning a smack on the chest from Trey.

"What's wrong?" Melissa asked, worried, and they stopped to listen.

"Nothing," she said quickly.

"On a more serious note, I saw Ethan dance with you at the wedding," Melissa said slowly. "What was that all about?" Trey signaled Billy to put his headphones back on.