CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Thursday, August 18, 2016
T

rey's House
28 weeks...

11:21 am

Trey peppered kisses all over her face, smiling when she groaned and rolled over, facing away from him. On a mission, he pressed closer to her, taking her lips in a soft kiss, and before he knew it, she was responding.

He pulled away then, pressing his lips to her neck, looking up when she sighed, rolling onto her back. Her eyes fluttered open, and she gave him a lazy smile. "I could get used to this."

Trey snorted, pulling her to himself. She came willingly, snuggling into his side as much as she could with the bump in the way. "Good morning love."

"Good morning," she replied, yawning right after. Then she looked up, smiling. "You seem to be in a good mood."

She knew why he was excited; she just wanted to hear him say it. Looking down at her, he answered, "Of course. Today marks four years of being together as a married couple—"

She laughed a little. "Trey, we're divorced. So legally, we aren't together as a married couple anymore."

He looked at her and she held his gaze till he gave up with a sigh. "I guess I should say four years as a couple." Then he rounded on her again. "But you know I still see you as my wife."

"I do," she replied.

"Good," he murmured, almost in relief. "So, today, I plan on spoiling you rotten. Hopefully, Roberta doesn't have my head for this."

She laughed as he pulled away, getting off the bed. "Where are you going?"

He got to her side, offering a hand. "Helping you off the bed."

"But I want to sleep a little longer," she murmured. "But I was tired last night because of Sam's baby shower," she complained, snuggling deeper into the pillow. Not that she would have traded it for anything—even the fact that she'd been in a wheelchair hadn't reduced her joy.

(The others had all moved back out to their places of residence.)

"I know, and because of that, I prepared a warm bath for you—Roberta said not hot ones as increased temperature isn't good for the babies," he replied patiently. "But neither is cold, and you wouldn't want it to go cold, would you?"

She was silent for a moment, then, "I guess not." She pushed up into a seating position.

He offered his hand again and she took it this time without complaint. He opened the door to the bathroom, allowing her entry first.

She froze, then took a few tentative steps forward towards the bath. "Trey," she whispered, turning to look at him then back at the bath. "You did this for me?"

Seeing her eyes suspiciously wet, he closed the door to the bathroom and stepped closer, hugging her from behind. "Yes," then he kissed her jaw, "and you deserve this and more."

Then he pulled back, unzipping her dress. "I had to use lavender bath oil because it has a gentle scent and won't offend your sensitive nose or nauseate you."

She turned to him, blinking away the tears. "I love you; you know that?" He smiled down at her, reaching up to brush her hair back. "Seriously. This is so thoughtful—the fact that you took my body's changes into consideration and gave me this, complete with — what are those?" She turned to the bath, taking a closer look at the floating red... things.