CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Monday, August 8, 2016
Trey's House

26 weeks...

Alexandra let out a deep breath when Samuel stopped right at the address she'd given him. "You're sure you don't mind waiting for me?" she asked. "I'm not sure how long it would take."

"Take your time ma'am. If for any reason I have to leave, I'll let you know." She nodded and went to unbuckle her seat belt as he got out of the car. She opened her door and allowed him to help her out, trying to be extra careful considering she wasn't supposed to be walking. 

She gave him a grateful smile and walked into the building; head held high. When she got to the reception of the firm, she stopped. "Hi, I'd like to see Mr. Munson, please."

The receptionist smiled brightly. "Hello. Do you have an appointment?"

"No but let him know that Alexandra Greene is here."

The receptionist looked her over, deciding she was someone who meant business and wouldn't lower herself to be one of Munson's women. She looked savvy and business-like in a very pale pink body-hugging dress with block heels of the same color. Her white blazer and bag just added to the look. For a pregnant woman, she sure looked sharp.

Alexandra cleared her throat, well aware of the reason for the receptionist's look, then pulled her glasses down her nose to peer over the top. "So, Mr. Munson?"

"Right," the receptionist answered, looking flustered. "I'm sorry." Alexandra nodded, waiting patiently as she made the call. When she set down the receiver, she looked a little embarrassed that she didn't know who the woman in front of her was.

Alexandra realized that and saved her the hassle. "Can I go up?"

"Of course," she said immediately, nodding vigorously. "He's on the second floor, last door on your right."

"Thank you," Lexi said, pushing her shades back up. She had always hated it when people gave her respect because she was Trey's wife. But she didn't get why it should apply now; they were divorced in the public eye.

Right. Trey had also told the whole world that the divorce had been a front—in other words, they were still together.

She rode the elevator to the second floor, getting off when it paused. She strode down the hallway, flashing a smile at the secretary before proceeding to the last of the four doors on the right. She knocked, going in when she received a 'come in'.

She entered, closing the door behind her. "Ah, Ms. Greene or should I say Mrs. Robinson? Looking stellar as always."

She got that same uneasy feeling she had always felt in his presence. "Mr. Munson, as creepy as always. I hope you're not still a pedophile else I'll have to sue you," she added casually, trying more to boost her confidence than scare him.

"Yes, throwing your status in my face." His eyes raked her body, but she stood still and confident. "What brings you here after years?"

"You know exactly what Philip," she replied, wanting nothing but to escape. "Hand over what I'm owed."

"I thought you didn't want it," he taunted. "You said you were better off without their expectations and the money they slaved off for."

She kissed her teeth in distaste. "You know, I wonder who gave you the license to work as an attorney, because you're terrible at your job. You're a creep, a no-good lowlife who doesn't know how to separate business from personal pleasure.

"Try anything stupid and you won't be working again for the rest of your life," she spat, taking off the shades so he could see clearly the hate in her eyes. "Give me whatever documents I have to sign and have everything transferred into my name before tomorrow. Is that understood?"