CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Thursday, June 29, 2016

Trey's House

21 weeks...

Trey hid the bags behind him as he pulled off his shoes at the entrance, hoping she would like the surprises. He'd called Melissa to ask if Lexi had complained about wanting anything and his sister had listed off a few.

Comfortable cotton panties.

Bigger maternity bras.

Soft and fluffy loose-fitting shoes.

Better maternity & nursing pillows.

She'd even explained, saying that Lexi was putting on more weight and it made her current clothing items uncomfortable. So, he'd resorted to buying more maternity clothes as well as undergarments—for wear at home and for outings. But his sister hadn't finished.

He'd brought all he'd heard, hoping she wouldn't be mad at her best friend for ratting on her. He strode further into the house, finding Alexandra, his sister, Samantha, Paige and Sierra watching a movie. He smiled and went up the stairs, not wanting to interrupt.

He put the stuff in his room, locking his bedroom door as he stripped, eager to get the day's stress off himself. He took his sweet time washing up, scrubbing himself clean with a loofah. When he stepped out, he dressed up in comfy sweatpants and a T-shirt.

Then he went downstairs and headed to the living where the girls sat. He strode in, going to the back of the sofa they were in to kiss Lexi's head and ruffle Melissa's hair. "Trey," she whined, fixing it as best as she could with her hand.

When the rest noticed him, he smiled, asking how they were doing. When they all gave their responses, he asked, "Can I borrow my wife for a minute?" Melissa and Sierra leveled a glare on him, the action which had his eyes going wide. "I'll bring her back soon." 

Alexandra blushed when their attention fell on her—Sierra urging her to go so she could return quickly, while Melissa refused, saying she wasn't going to share her tonight.

"Okay, okay," Lexi muttered with hands raised in surrender. She accepted Trey's hand and let him help her up while Melissa paused the movie, pouting.

They didn't go far; just stood around the entryway to the living room, still in their sights. Trey held open his arms for a hug, taking a deep inhale of her scent when she accepted it. She hugged him as tight as she could with the bump in the way.

He drew back a little and cupped her cheeks, looking down at her. "How are you feeling?" he asked softly.

She shrugged lightly, her eyes downcast. "I'm still affected by what I heard yesterday and still moping. I was," she corrected quickly, "till they dragged me here for a movie marathon. I'm feeling much better now."

"I'm glad to hear that," he said with a smile, hugging her again. "Are the twins behaving?"

"Mm," she hummed in response. "They've been good. Though kicking, they haven't been exactly restless."

"Good. We have a checkup tomorrow," he reminded her.

"I know." She pulled back enough to look at him. "Are you hungry?"

"I'm okay," he replied with a soft smile.

"Did you eat before getting here?" she questioned, looking up at him. He shook his head a 'no'. "So, eat before going to bed. Jason and the boys are there doing the same in the kitchen. You can join them so you're not alone," she pulled away, "and I'll see you in bed."