CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Trey's House

28 weeks...

After their friends had left, Trey had set up a salt bath for her to help relax her even more, and she'd requested he get in with her, and though he hadn't expected that, he definitely didn't turn her down or question it.

He'd stripped and slipped in with her, kneading her stiff muscles till she sagged against him. Then he'd kissed and loved on her, suggesting she get out when the water lost its warmth.

She had, and he'd dried her off, wrapped her in another towel, and carried her to his bedroom (which had become theirs again), laying her on the bed before going off to get her clothes. He gave her warm clothes before going off to get dressed himself.

When he got back, she was seated on the bed, not lying back like he thought she might. "Aren't you tired?"

"No," she responded slowly, leaning into him as soon as she settled on the bed. "I'm still a little high strung. Our friends are so thoughtful."

Trey nodded in agreement, wrapping an arm around her. "They are." They stayed in comfortable silence for a few beats before Trey gathered the courage to ask what was on his mind. "If you're not sleepy, will you like to go on a rooftop adventure with me?"

Eyes wide because that was the last thing she'd expected him to break the silence with, she looked at him, wondering if she'd heard right. "Rooftop? Trey, this mansion of yours doesn't exactly have a roof safe enough for an adventure in my current state." She gestured to the bump in front of her.

"Who said anything about this roof?" When she lifted a brow, he smiled. "You're right, this roof isn't safe for us to explore while you're pregnant," he said, then smirked in a way that said he knew she'd like what he was going to say next.

"So, we're packing a bag, and camping out on the roof of our new house. Maybe watch a movie with as many snacks as you'd like and lay on many fluffy pillows—"

"I'm in!" she cut in excitedly, moving towards the edge of the bed so she could get off. Eyes shining with barely concealed humor, Trey got off the bed as well and headed to his closet to grab a backpack.

He shoved a pair of sweatpants and a full outfit for the following day in it. The house was already stocked with toiletries, so he didn't pick any of those. Lexi returned to the room as Trey was exiting the closet, holding a couple of things in her arms.

"What are those?" Trey asked, a brow lifted in amusement. She looked as excited as a baby tasting chocolate for the first time.

"This is my nightgown," she began, tossing the flowy material to him suddenly. He almost didn't catch it, seeing as the material was light and was fluttering to the ground almost as soon as she'd thrown it. "And this is one of the hoodies we received from Mitchell. I want to wear it."

She threw that also, and he caught it easily, folding it into his bag. "Yes ma'am."

Unfazed by his remark, she continued. "This is my outfit for tomorrow morning," she said, holding up a wine-colored ankle-length dress, "and you've probably set up blankets already..." she trailed off, waiting for confirmation.

"I have," he replied, a brow raised questioningly.

"But can I bring the blanket Jason gave us?" Trey groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. He simply couldn't fathom why Lexi was obsessed with the cartoon blanket. "Please?" she pouted, blinking innocently at him, and he found himself agreeing.