(Ava)Nambikkai.......

"Enta en poi sonneeha??"

As soon as she asked her, he got startled for a moment......
Then his eyes showed a shock.......
And.......
A guilt......

Within moments the guilt killed her as she had a very very feeble hope that he will say whatever she heard is wrong.......

But no........

He is not saying that......
Infact, he is saying nothing......
Mullai was losing her hopes step by step......

Kathir who opened his eyes stared straightly into mullai's eyes........

K:En mulla.....naa onkitta idhu varikkum poieh sonnadhillannu ipo indha nimisham indha kovilla vechu sonna nee othupiya????

Mullai got startled for a moment........
The very next moment she bowed her head and nodded her head as "yes"........

K:Nambuviya????

He asked another question...........

Mullai looked up at him for a moment and bowed her head the next moment nodding a feeble "no".........

Kathir understood she wanted to hear a "no" from him.....

A lie.......

But no.......

He is not ready to buy that chance now......

He took a deep breath........

K:Epo therinjuchu mulla???

M:Neenga kelambara annaikku......

she answered in a much lower tone.......

He again closed his eyes.........

K:Adhanaala thaan nee anga namma veetla irukama inga kelambi vandhiya???

She said nothing but nodded a "yes".......

K:Enakku idhukaana artham puriyala mulla.........En apdi senja????

He questioned her rather in an accusation tone......

she was quiet while he continued......

K:Naa vandha nimishame enakku idhu romba prick aachu..........Anga onga appamma veetukku vandhadhume kekka nenachen......

This was the reason for the accusing look which he gave that day......

But......Now I can understand nee en apdi senjannu......aana enakku innume idhukaana artham puriyala ma.........badhil sollu.....

Mullai quietly looked at him and bowed her head again.......

K:Mulla.......I know I owe you an explanation.......and naa solven kandippa......Because I know I am the one who is at fault here.........

Aana mulla.......nee namma veetlerndhu en vandha????

Imbuttu naalah enkitta phonela kuda seriya pesalaye en???

Indha oru poikaaga nee ennaya.......he paused unable to say further........Swallowing a lump he again continued......do you think its our end mulla????

She looked at him with immense shock in her eyes..........

Illa.......nee apdi nenaikala.......Apdi nenachurndha nethu adhellam.........No.......This cant be happening........

He said more to ensure himself.......

Answer me mulla......Am getting mad......

He asked in an impatient tone invoking a sense of fear within her.......