XXXVIII

This chapter was an interesting test of endurance for me.

I had initially planned for this chapter to be a "half-chapter," but I found that I needed to cover just one last key thing before we started the main event of this arc. However, things don't always go as planned, and adjustments must be made. As I said, while this story is primarily planned from beginning to end. I do allow myself some wiggle room to account for new variables or when new unforeseen developments that simply occur organically.

I mentioned before that one of the most critical parts of this arc is that it serves as the halfway point of the whole first saga. I'm basically done adding mysteries, and we are now in the revelations and piecing together phase of the current storyline. This also means a return to the focus of our main protagonists.

I have more to say, but I think I will save that for the commentary.

For now, please enjoy this new chapter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc III: The Sports Festival

Chapter XXXVIII: Farewells Are Not Forever

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"The only reason I am happy saying goodbye is that I know that life will find a way to bring us back together again. Farewell."

Anonymous

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I see...I was afraid of this happening," said Ingenium as he sorted through his daily report. While his First Kick, Onemu Shinya summarized the concerns of the rest of the Idaten side-kicks.

"Indeed, sir," Onemu, the sheep-themed hero, said with a light yawn. "Between continued requests for vacations being denied and having to work additional overtime to cover both Idaten and Endeavor's agency sick days. We're all starting to feel the burn, sir."

"I understand," said Ingenium with a guilty look on his face, hidden behind his helmet. "I knew this was bound to happen if things didn't change soon."

"If I'm being honest, sir," Onemu continued as she adjusted her stance by folding her arms. "We still haven't been informed why we must do all of this additional work. It doesn't help that some of these joint patrols don't make sense. The ones with Endeavor, Ryūkyū, and other high-ranking agencies are always welcomed. However, why the joint patrols with, say, Manual, for example? Especially all the way in Hosu? It's odd no matter how you slice it."

Tensei removed his helmet to look at the woman who had been with his family's agency since the time of his father. It was Onemu who helped him grow as a leader and whom he trusted to understand why he wouldn't make this stressful decision without merit. Still, he owed her and the rest of his sidekicks some kind of explanation.

"I cannot give you all of the details," Tensei began as he sat up straight and placed his hands in front of his chin. "However, the truth is that all of the high-ranking agencies we've been working with for the last few years have been working on a very secret case."

"If I could, I would have shared the details with everyone from the beginning," Tensei added after seeing that Onemu wanted to interject. "However, this case is top-secret for a reason."