XVIII

I'm reminded of when I first started this project in September of 2018. My god, has it really been four years? Time flies, and I have to catch up and get this story updated!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc II: The Incident

Chapter XVIII: The Trial's Conclusion

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Nightmares exist outside of logic, and there's little fun to be had in explanations; they're antithetical to the poetry of fear."

Stephen King

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A bright white light shined above the battlegrounds, where blood and water flowed equally. The clashing and twanging of steel continued to pierce through the air, with two massive shadows circling at its epicenter. There were large blasts of cannons firing; the roars of a blazing inferno were laced with screams that echoed from every direction with no apparent source.

Streams of salted water ran, some from fear, others from grief. Lighting thundered and crashed onto the battlegrounds ripping the earth asunder, causing a great fissure to form before releasing a great demon that reached for the white light. And from the heavens above came an emerald dragon with bright golden eyes glowing with righteous fury.

The bright white light was suddenly spirited away by dark clouds as the clash of the two fantastic beasts began. An emerald dragon with a blurred rainbow of light trailing behind him as he slashed with his blade-like claws. While a black demon responded with a stab from a cruel beak, long-rake-like claws that seemingly destroyed all it touched and vicious golden-red eyes.

With every clash, the ground would quake; with every slash, the wind would rush; with every roar, blood would spill. The battle was short though it felt like an eternity; the demon fell when a black blade charged with lighting struck it down; the dragon roared in rage, cheated by his hollow victory. The rainbow of light that surrounded the emerald dragon began to fade. He was replaced by a long black shadow that engulfed him turning those golden-dragon eyes into a ruby-eyed devil.

A vicious roar, a blood-curling roar echoed out as it now parted the dark clouds revealing the white light reaching for it.

A piercing scream ripped out as his claws grew closer towards the white light.

Sir Nighteye woke up from his nightmarish nap with a yell, his eyes snapping wide open as he tried to gain control of his breathing as the door to his office burst open. Kaoruko Awata, formerly known as his Pro-Hero Bubble Girl and now his personal secretary, had rushed inside with a worried look etched on her blue face.

"Are you okay, sir?!" She asked, concerned as she stood in front of him, shaken by his scream as her boss was never one to show a display of fear like that.

Nighteye blinked a few times as his nerves began to steady themselves, his hands slowly running over his face before reaching his eyes. He removed his glasses and placed them on the desk in one fluid motion. As he rubbed the grime from his eyes, he thought about what he had just seen.

'It's been a long time since that's happened to me...'

A moment or two later, he replaced his glasses and finally spoke -albeit his voice was still a little shaky.