II

I wanted to address some common concerns I often see early in reviews for new readers. I hope to address these concerns now to reassure you about certain tropes and elements common in stories like these.

First: Izuku will not be overpowered like most AUs like this one tends to do. He might become overpowered by the endgame, but that will not be for a very, very long time. Older readers are fully aware of the backlash Draco Shift has.

Second: Izuku will not be the only one having their quirk altered. Almost every canon character will be getting their quirks upgraded (within reason) to avoid being made redundant. Almost everyone will be getting some much-deserved screentime when ready.

Third: This story is inspired: by Etrian Odyssey and features elements from the story. You do not need to know anything about Etrian Odyssey to follow this story. The Etrian Odyssey series is a very niche series, so I've made this story open for anyone to follow.

At most, any reference to the games will mostly be Easter eggs for readers who are fans of both to enjoy. Anything story-related will be addressed and explained directly in the text in due time.

(This is also why this story is not a crossover between the two series. This story was partly inspired but not directly crossed over.)

Now with that covered, please enjoy the chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc I: Origins

Chapter II: Halcyon Days

---------------------------------------------------------

"Remember to turn: Sadness into Joy. Hard times into good times. Struggles into accomplishments. Obstacles into opportunity."

― Hopal Green

---------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, that is wonderful to hear, Urashima!" Inko said to the phone in the nook of her neck as she checked her emails. "Yes, I'm happy to hear that you found a good team to continue your research with."

She continued to click away on her computer, "I know, we do miss you here too, but your work could come in handy in saving lives in the future! Provided that your theory is correct. No! No, we were more than happy to provide you with the startup funds! After all, you did the same for us during your time here, so you know Hisashi was more than happy to help you with it."

As she listened to her former employee, Inko received an email confirming the shipment arrival for one of their pet projects. She smiled, knowing that Hisashi had been looking forward to this news.

"I see," she answered on the phone; "hey, Urashima? I'm sorry, but I have to go. It was great speaking with you again. Please give us an update when you can... Right... Yes... You have a great day too." Inko finished before hanging up the phone.

"Oh, that was a good report. I'll have one of the girls write that up from the notes Urashima left us," Inko said to herself, drawing up a few quick notes in her daily planner. "The tech he's been developing is something else." She was about to ring up the gym phone to let Hisashi know about the delivery when a familiar sound was heard.

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP!

"Oh, dear..." Inko said to herself, hearing those familiar footsteps. A moment later, a giant man with the appearance of a killer whale stood at the doorway of her office and slowly leaned into her office space. He stood still for a brief moment as his red eyes scanned the office like those of a gecko searching for prey before looking straight ahead and finally bowing to Inko.