XXIII

After a heavy climax, I believe in having some wind-down time.

This is a slow-burn story because I like to explore the characters more and see how this shit affects them.

-------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc II: The Incident

Chapter XXIII: Aftermath II

-------------------------------------------

"True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them."

Michael Bassey Johnson, The Infinity Sign

-------------------------------------------

Izuku sat in the darkness sitting by what seemed to be a small campfire that flickered and cracked. It was a cold, dark, and lonely place, surrounded by whispers and shadows that danced to the tune of the flames. He was tired and aching in pain.

"Too strong...much too strong," spoke a low, raspy voice that echoed in the darkness, invisible but nearby.

"Bind the Devil," said another voice, this one smoky yet cold.

"But let the Dragon be free," spoke a softer, gentler voice.

"No way the little guy could hold this all power now, not with this thing within him." Spoke another with a strange funky rhythm.

The flames began to part, splitting down the middle, revealing eight figures covered in shadow on a small hill with glowing yellow eyes and a shimmer of colored lights behind each shadow. At the base of the hill was an emerald-colored dragon with blood-red eyes bound by what seemed to be a rainbow of chains.

"His strength is enough. It has to be enough."

ROAR

Izuku felt a chill run down his spine. He motioned to move, only to find himself covered in the darkness that covered him up to his mouth. His movement was restricted; he could not speak but could still look behind him. He saw a mountain of skulls with either golden-yellow or ruby-red eyes within their hollow sockets, with five figures that dotted it from top to bottom.

The first at the very top sat as the source of the darkness with one ruby right eye and one golden left eye. He was seated upon a massive black and gold throne; this figure had the most wicked smile.

The second figure was kneeling next to the first's left-hand side; this one seemed more familiar. Lanky and tall, cloaked in shadow with angry blood-red eyes.

The third stood at the opposite end of the second figure. Standing tall on the right-hand side of the first figure. This one was clad in jet black armor with somber golden-yellow eyes barely visible from under his helm.

At the base of this bony mountain, directly below the kneeling figure, was a taller, older individual dressed in a smart suit and a bright white tooth grin. This one had mischievous, blood-red eyes.

And finally, the shortest shadow seemed to be curled up on a make-shift throne of bones at the base of the mountain, directly below the figure with the black armor, her golden cat-like eyes staring with curiosity.