XXIX

Man, do I have some fun twists and turns that are waiting for you all in this Arc.

If you thought the last Arc was crazy, well...I hope to surprise you further.

------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc III: The Sports Festival

Chapter XXIX: Training Begins!

------------------------------------------------

"The bonding of the team is exceptionally important and trying to create a good team spirit and to have some fun."

-Sam Allardyce

------------------------------------------------

Hajime Tanaka sat in his office with his phone to his ear; it was still ringing. He had just gotten out of a massive meeting of the Police Commission and several of the highest-ranking officers in the Nation. No longer was he the simple junior detective who once handed the files that sealed Draco Knight's fate.

He was now a Captain and Adjutant to Kai Doumeki, yet he had another role to play in current events.

"Go ahead, Tanaka," He heard the voice of Tensei Iida answer.

"I just got out of that meeting I told you about." Hajime began saying after making sure that no one was listening. "I'm sure that Kiriyūin will fill you in on the broader details at the meeting tomorrow, but I'll tell you the stuff that I'm sure he would not know of right now."

He could hear Tensei fiddle around with some equipment, likely to record the call.

"I'm ready."

"Okay, just understand that some things are not completely in the clear, so they're subject to change."

"Understood."

"First: The Noumu, that thing from the USJ. The commission had a DNA test done on it, and the results were...strange, to say the least."

"How so?"

"Multiple strains of DNA were found. So many, in fact that the commission has ordered another test. Just to verify that it wasn't a mistake due to contamination. Or on the off-chance that the sample had been tampered with."

"Interesting...but I feel like there is something else here?"

"Well, here is the thing. Do you remember when I told you that Doumeki ordered an Internal Affairs investigation after the whole Stain fiasco?"

"Yes, you and several others helped in the investigation along with Kiriyūin himself."

"When Internal Affairs started the investigation, I was assigned to help look into cases that happened before I was transferred to Doumeki's department ten years ago. While the cases I was personally involved in since were then handled by other officers as per protocol."

Hajime briefly grimaced.

"Anyway, when I began my assignment with Internal Affairs, I came across a case that I didn't think much of at the time," Hajime eyed the door and lowered his voice further. "Until some names that came up during the first round of DNA testing appeared and recognized them from that case. Names from an incident that happened thirteen years ago."