XXVI

Man, I'm not going to lie; the remastering of this project helped me figure out some interesting things for future chapters.

-------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc II: The Incident

Chapter XXVI: The Return

-------------------------------------------------

"The best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing."

Theodore Roosevelt

-------------------------------------------------

"Oh my gosh!" Ochako whispered excitedly as she snapped a quick picture of the sight.

"I know! I couldn't believe it either!" Izuku whispered back with a smile.

The two teens were dressed and ready to return to UA for their first day after the USJ incident. Before leaving for school, the two had planned to wake up Eri to get her ready for breakfast. As well as to remind her that they would meet up with her at the hospital to finish her quirk assessment.

However, upon entering Izuku's bedroom, they were met with a sight they had never seen before. Eri was smiling in her sleep, much to the amazement of the two teens. Izuku had tried all sorts of games and activities to try and make Eri smile, but nothing had ever worked. Yet, here she was, deep asleep, as her face contained the most beautiful smile either had ever seen.

"Mom had mentioned it to me before." Izuku admitted with a sad smile, "back at the hospital, but to see it myself."

"Now we just got to learn how to make her smile when she's awake," Ochako added as she lowered her phone.

"Yep..." Izuku said before sighing.

"You don't want to wake her, huh?"

Izuku nodded; Eri was clearly happy in her dreams, and the last thing he wanted to do was interrupt them. He wanted to keep her happy, to let her keep that smile for as long as she could.

"She doesn't have to wake up until later, Izuku. Let's just let your mom know that Eri wanted to sleep for a tiny bit longer." Ochako suggested before putting away her phone and fixing up Eri's blanket, planting a light kiss on the girl's horn when she was done. Ochako got up and left Izuku to do the same.

"See you after school, Eri," Izuku whispered as he brushed aside some intruding hairs off Eri's face, with their goodbyes spoken. The two silently walked out of the room and slowly closed the door. If they had only stayed there for a few more moments, they would a heard a hint of what Eri dreamed that made her so happy.

"Mama...papa..." She breathed softly as she shifted in her bed.

-------------------------------------------------

"They plan to announce it later today."

The UA staff sat in near silence as they discussed the decision that had come down yesterday morning. The Help Us Company and Hero Public Safety Commission had informed Principal Nezu yesterday morning that a decision had been made in light of the final report.

"Have we contacted his family yet, Nezu?" Midnight asked in disbelief.

Nezu nodded gravely, having been the one to make the call. "She was completely inconsolable at the news."