XVI

I honestly have little to say today, except I hope you enjoy the revamped battle trial. This was designed to be different from canon and introduce several new concepts for this story.

----------------------------------------------------------

My Hero Academia Untold: The Fafnir Knight (Remastered Edition)

Saga I: Dusk

Arc II: The Incident

Chapter XVI: A Trial by fire. Part 1

----------------------------------------------------------

"A good leader takes a bit more than his fair share of blame, a little less than his share of credit."

-Arnold H. Glasow

----------------------------------------------------------

Yū was sitting in the living room of her aunt's house channel surfing the TV while scrolling on her phone for anything interesting. Just taking a day off to recover from a string of incidents last week. Now they were nothing major save for when a billboard landed on her back when a prankster decided to become a villain who reasoned that flattening civilians would be great for a debut.

But for now, she was simply taking it easy as she kept scrolling down her phone feed though primarily through social media. Until she found an interesting news report on the apparent return of the Hero-Killer Stain.

"Ah damn it, he's back with another victim." The report, however, added a strange twist as she read on.

Now, typically, Stain attacked any lone Pros without leaving anything but the bleeding bodies. Still, now he had apparently left a message on the guy's corpse.

False Heroes are scum, but false Heroes who prey on civilians are worse than scum.

"Pro-Hero...Marx." She read aloud the victim's hero identity.

She knew about the guy, primarily by reputation due to the man having several cases of sexual assault levied against him once upon a time. But it was never proven, with charges often dropping due to either lack of evidence or the accuser recanting.

Although Yū did have the misfortune of meeting him once at a charity for sick children of all places a few weeks ago. Marx definitely had an air of being some kind of sleazebag which was proven true as he hit on several women at a fucking charity for sick kids. Although she will admit that Marx was a funny guy, but he had nothing on Ms. Joke in terms of cases solved and popularity.

So it was definitely a mixed bag for Yū to think on. On the one hand, Marx was innocent until proven guilty* in the eyes of the law. But on the other hand, many saw him as a criminal who used the title Hero to escape justice.

And it looks like Stain ultimately did too.

Now, as a Pro-Hero, and therefore a possible target, Yū wasn't a fan of Stain, even if she could understand a bit of his philosophy on Heroes. However, in her opinion, it seemed like Stain only saw things in black and white rather than gray like most people in life did. There were very few people in the world that could genuinely be called pure good or evil.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you got this, Uraraka?" Kashiko asked nervously as Ochako and Rikidou finished up tying the rope around her waist, all while still getting used to the feeling of her blue-gray skintight suit.